“Fast response from Maintenance!”

Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle
Ranked #154 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We recently stayed at the Courtyard Hotel Circle due to its proximity to our daughter who lives in San Diego. The first morning, the hairdryer completely stopped working. Within 15 minutes, Jesus from Maintenance came and replaced it with a new one. While he was in the room, he took the time to work on our TV which had a "fuzzy" picture. Thanks to Jesus for responding promptly!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
veronica b, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Bj_Southwest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to recognize Jesus’s! He truly loves what he does and it shows!. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you visit us again soon.

Regards,
Veronica.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I picked the Courtyard because the Courtyard brand usually delivers on a consistent promise. Overall, the Mission Valley Courtyard was a decent place to stay. I found the $18 a day parking charge on the high side. I stayed there to use the fitness equipment - the treadmilll was not working right - it stopped completely after 4 or 5 minutes - actually almost tossed me off the treadmill several times before I gave up and got off. I reported it to the front desk. They didn't put a sign on it but said they would call for service. The next day I got on it, thinking it was fixed, but it did the same thing again, so I reported it again. I found one treadmill for a large hotel like this particular Courtyard disappointing. The hotel is on a road that would not be safe to run on, so that was not an alternative. I ordered take out from the restaurant one night - a chicken quesadilla. The quesadilla itself was good, but it came with guacamole that was brown. There are so many other choices in the Mission Valley area, I'd try another place next time. I felt safe and the rooms were clean, but the other little things left me disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
veronica b, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear AffinityPA,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I apologize that your recent stay was not a satisfactory one. We have addressed the issues with our fitness center and have two new treadmills installed. Our food and beverage team was made aware of your feedback. Our parking fee is comparable to the fees charged around our area, we certainly didn’t mean to take you by surprise.
If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Amazing what great management & front desk can do to make your stay perfect. The front desk agent, Sanae got me checked-in early, provided an upgraded room (I've gotten the same room on two previous stays) & explained & provided all the perks that come with the great package this hotel (Joan McClintock) offers. A big thank you to the hotel & special thanks to Sanae & Joan for all their help. My stay hasn't ended but I'm already making plans for my next visit.

Marriott Platinum Member since 2009

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Fahmeed
veronica b, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Fahmeed,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to recognize our staff members! We are delighted your experience was a fantastic one. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Veronica

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We booked this room spur of the moment for a what looked to be a nice hot tub/pool. When we got there the hot tub was warm and full of floating bugs. It looked like a stagnant pond. I called the front desk to tell them about it and they said that there was a technician on the way. When I asked when they think it would be fixed they responded with "I don't know". The pool area is obviously neglected which is unfortunate because the rest of the hotel is pretty nice and what seemed to be kept up. A couple positives were: the hotel rooms where nice and comfortable and walking distance to a liquor store. I personally wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
veronica b, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience with our pool. We did have an unexpected incident that required for us to service our pool. We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future!
Regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was driving through California (trailering a golf cart) on my way down to The Baja, Mexico. I needed a safe place to stay a couple of nights before crossing the boarder. My wife found this place and it was perfect! A secure/gated parking area where I could leave the trailer, a good bar/restaurant inside the hotel and a really good staff of friendly/ helpful people. It is conveniently located along the highway with easy access and a short drive to the airport if needed. If I am in the area again, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank John C
veronica b, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear John C,

Thank you for your comments!! We are glad you had a great time at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Veronica.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Poor location relative to downtown. Hotel clean and nice. Service good. Food service slow and food mediocre but overpriced. Beds were reasonably comfortable but pillows were terrible. Ample parking but small loading area in front of hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
veronica b, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Greg J,

Thank you for providing us with feedback! Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your service expectations. Our goal is always to work on improving on any feedback provided. You are a valued customer and we appreciate your business, hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Very good location. Friendly staff with clean rooms. Easy access to lots of San Diego attractions. Plenty of good places to eat close by. Less than 10 minutes to San Diego airport. I will certainly stay there again when in San Diego.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dan M

Dear Dan M.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us! Our goal is to provide our customer with a memorable stay. We look forward to having you visit us again!