“Personally I didnt no enjoyed my stay, however its should be OK for others people.”

Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle
Ranked #155 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
United States
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Major Pro: Very Very Clean
Major Con: Internet connection - troubleshooting is time-consuming and inconvenient!

I have mixed review about this place. From an emotionally point of view. My stay here was quite unpleasant. However I will try my best to look at this hotel from an unbiased point of view. The major problem I had that made my stay went downhill from the 1st hour of checking in was the problem with logging on to the internet and having to call the 1800s help number was quite time consuming and inconvenient. Multiple times when I called the front desk, I got an “edgy” type of tone, unlike the typically warm and “trying to please” that I have gotten at Marriott hotels. However, the staffs are professional and can be nice at times.

Pro:
The pro is that this hotel is very very clean. I did not smell the typical “masked up with freshener” smell that some other hotels have. It seems like they just renovated this property and maybe steam the room after guests’ checkout.

The 2nd pro is sometimes you get a “$20/day” voucher for at their Bistro lounge. However the can be foods are pricey (like every other hotels). You have to use the voucher all at once. I think if you add another $10 + plus the voucher, you can get a decent dinner for 2 people.

Lobby/dinning/bistro lounge has a nice setup to it, great for socializing and plenty of computers for guests to use.

Good location, there are several nice malls nearby

Windows can be opened partially.

Plenty of parking in the back.
Now for the Cons:
1. Internet suck! They need to re-evaluate their internet provider. Typically at a hotel, the login page pops up automatically, however this one does not, so have typically spend 20-30 minutes to restart your computer, turn on/off wireless port, and call the 1800s internet number. Sometimes it work and something it doesn’t. I am an Engineer. The trick is that you have to type in yahoo.com, if you have Google or any other websites as your homepage, you will just get stuck on a blank page. I can’t believe management did not put a basic instruction in the room, like at other Marriott. I bet that the front desk get a lot of calls from people with this issues. So they just pretty much tell you to call the 1800s. It was really annoying. It happened multiple times during my one night stay. Connection was so-so, pretty snow once you log on.
2. Can hear people running above me
3. Can hear people outside my room talking (woke me up several times). This hotel see to have a thin-walls
4. Very un-ergonomic furniture, desk too high and chair too low. Trying to adjust the chair, but it didn’t work; maybe I need to spend more time tinkering with it., so this was more times taken out of my travel . Maybe their typical guests are 7-8 ft tall.
5. The furniture are new butt not very comfortable, mattress was thin and hard. However I surprisingly, my body liked it. Toilet seat was very uncomfortable.
6. AC turn on and off open and can be quite loud and wake you up (it turns on and off depend on room temp).

Overall this hotel is nice and clean, however the material used is not the best quality. But the newness and cleanliness makes up for it. I think the staffs are professional, but lack that “welcoming/warming” aura to them.
Parking is $16/day in and out privilege
There is a small fridge in the room (smaller than the average small one)
Microwave is available if you ask (fee or not I am not sure, it was free for me because I am an elite member).
Personally I don’t think I will be staying here again. However, if you can get a good rate for this place I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor so you cant hear people above you
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
WarmRegards, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear CloverlsSweet,

We truly appreciate your time in posting extensive details in regard to your experience with us. Each of your compliments and suggestions are taken seriously and have been shared with our staff. As an elite member, you realize how important it is for our entire staff to gain the confidence of each of our guests by providing an enjoyable, quality stay. We are extremely disappointed to learn that we missed our mark. It is our great hope that you will decide to give us another opportunity to deliver an extraordinary experience. We will look forward to exceeding the expectations you may have. Once again, thank you for giving us your valuable feedback by completing the review.

John Blem, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
puyallup
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for five days and found this hotel to be very nice. The room was very comfortable and there was a nice fitness facility and pool. The only thing we did not like was the noise level in the lobby area. I also noticed that the bathroom floor never seemed to get cleaned during our stay there. The front desk was very accomadating and professional. The location is perfect. Be prepared to pay a parking fee here. Over all this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank boat07
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear boat07,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our San Diego hotel for your five night visit to our area. It is always wonderful to hear how comfortable our accommodations are and that our fitness center is great to get a nice workout in. It's our pleasure to provide you with accommodating and professional service, along with a perfect location. We are centrally located to just about everything San Diego has to offer! Thank you for your great review.

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after a Padres game before heading to Legoland the day after. Check in was quick and the crib for the baby was delivered very quickly. The staff were very friendly and the hotel is in a great location.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank luvatl
Dear luvatl,

Thank you for your great review and ratings on our San Diego hotel. We appreciate you choosing to stay at our conveniently located hotel before a day at Legoland. It was our pleasure to promptly fulfill your request for a crib. We hope you and your family will return soon to enjoy our friendly and efficient customer service and comfortable accommodations.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here about a year ago for San Diego Pride. It wasn't planned, we had two nights somewhere else and we got such a great deal we stayed 3 more nights at Courtyard.

The location is great, one street is all you need to get to Hillcrest which was a big plus.

One night we happened to be in our room and here what sounded like fireworks, we looked out and we could see the firework show from Sea World, it was pretty.

The front desk agents were extremely nice, pool area was nice. I liked the lobby, it was very inviting. The complimentary coffee downstairs off of the lobby is a nice touch.

Next time I am in San Diego I will definitely stay here for the service and the location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Vegasdouble,

Thank you very much for your excellent review on your stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed watching the Sea World firework show from the comfort of your room. Thank you for complimenting our exceptional customer service level, great location and amenities. We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to the San Diego area.

Warm Regards,
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We spent 5 nights in this hotel, rooms we clean and comfortable. The location was perfect for getting to downtown, the zoo, shopping and restaurants. We took a few excursions north of San Diego and getting there was breeze due to this location. Paying $16 a night to park was the only downside but the room rate was so reasonable it was still an affordable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Fltchr,

We are thrilled to receive all of your great feedback on your recent experience with us! We are very pleased that you enjoyed clean and comfortable accommodations. as well as our perfect location. Thank you for mentioning our affordable rates. Thank you for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy more of all that we have to offer!

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

spent 5 nights in this hotel in august great hotel with really nice modern rooms and a great pool. close to san diego down town and beaches several places to eat nearby. the only downside was the 16 dollars a night parking fee but would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear shasha91,

It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our modern accommodations, great amenities and close proximity to all of the San Diego attractions. Thank you for taking the time to give us your fantastic ratings and review. It will be our pleasure to have you and your family as our guests again at our San Diego hotel.

Boston, MA
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our family stayed there this August for a few nights. Rooms were clean, but they did not resupply towels when requested. Free wifi was good, but the pool was small. Location was not pretty, but close to friends and family.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear karmaVibe,

Thank you and your family for staying with us for a few nights this summer. We apologize for failing to replenish your towels and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you for mentioning that our complimentary wifi worked well. Thank you for your review. We do hope that you will return to stay with us on your next visit to the San Diego area.