Major Pro: Very Very Clean
Major Con: Internet connection - troubleshooting is time-consuming and inconvenient!
I have mixed review about this place. From an emotionally point of view. My stay here was quite unpleasant. However I will try my best to look at this hotel from an unbiased point of view. The major problem I had that made my stay went downhill from the 1st hour of checking in was the problem with logging on to the internet and having to call the 1800s help number was quite time consuming and inconvenient. Multiple times when I called the front desk, I got an “edgy” type of tone, unlike the typically warm and “trying to please” that I have gotten at Marriott hotels. However, the staffs are professional and can be nice at times.
The pro is that this hotel is very very clean. I did not smell the typical “masked up with freshener” smell that some other hotels have. It seems like they just renovated this property and maybe steam the room after guests’ checkout.
The 2nd pro is sometimes you get a “$20/day” voucher for at their Bistro lounge. However the can be foods are pricey (like every other hotels). You have to use the voucher all at once. I think if you add another $10 + plus the voucher, you can get a decent dinner for 2 people.
Lobby/dinning/bistro lounge has a nice setup to it, great for socializing and plenty of computers for guests to use.
Good location, there are several nice malls nearby
Windows can be opened partially.
Plenty of parking in the back.
Now for the Cons:
1. Internet suck! They need to re-evaluate their internet provider. Typically at a hotel, the login page pops up automatically, however this one does not, so have typically spend 20-30 minutes to restart your computer, turn on/off wireless port, and call the 1800s internet number. Sometimes it work and something it doesn’t. I am an Engineer. The trick is that you have to type in yahoo.com, if you have Google or any other websites as your homepage, you will just get stuck on a blank page. I can’t believe management did not put a basic instruction in the room, like at other Marriott. I bet that the front desk get a lot of calls from people with this issues. So they just pretty much tell you to call the 1800s. It was really annoying. It happened multiple times during my one night stay. Connection was so-so, pretty snow once you log on.
2. Can hear people running above me
3. Can hear people outside my room talking (woke me up several times). This hotel see to have a thin-walls
4. Very un-ergonomic furniture, desk too high and chair too low. Trying to adjust the chair, but it didn’t work; maybe I need to spend more time tinkering with it., so this was more times taken out of my travel . Maybe their typical guests are 7-8 ft tall.
5. The furniture are new butt not very comfortable, mattress was thin and hard. However I surprisingly, my body liked it. Toilet seat was very uncomfortable.
6. AC turn on and off open and can be quite loud and wake you up (it turns on and off depend on room temp).
Overall this hotel is nice and clean, however the material used is not the best quality. But the newness and cleanliness makes up for it. I think the staffs are professional, but lack that “welcoming/warming” aura to them.
Parking is $16/day in and out privilege
There is a small fridge in the room (smaller than the average small one)
Microwave is available if you ask (fee or not I am not sure, it was free for me because I am an elite member).
Personally I don’t think I will be staying here again. However, if you can get a good rate for this place I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plugged in-in every way. The Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle is a conveniently located hotel in San Diego, California where comfortable accommodations and a sophisticated vibe combine in unexpected ways. This renovated hotel features inspired food at The Bistro, a lounge and a Starbucks espresso bar. Complimentary Wi fi is available in your room, in the lobby or anywhere you want to go. Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle is just minutes from Downtown San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter, the San Diego Convention Center, Mission Beach, SeaWorld and the world famous San Diego Zoo. It is also centrally located to the extensive San Diego business parks and across from Fashion Valley Mall. Qualcomm stadium is a short trolley ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard San Diego
- San Diego Courtyard
- San Diego Marriott