Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle
$329
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$283
$231
$232
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$164
$153
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Beachfront
$219
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$199
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$217
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
All reviewsmission valleyparking feecourtyard marriotthillcrest areanice hotelold townlobby areabusiness centereasy accesswould stay here againbusiness travelerbusiness tripfitness centerflat screen tvclose to downtownbalboa parkearly check
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Overall it was a good stay. Room itself was clean and the lobby was nice. Issues I had the flight 'check-in' computer didn't work, the parking was a bit expensive the resturant food was more expensive than some excellent resturants just a 1/2 mile away.

I would stay there again because the price was right and the staff were friendly but wouldn't go out of my way to stay there. Good value for the price.

One thing I didn't like was staff only picked up the hall trash once a day, so at 4 pm there was already trash in the hallway and it would remain until the morning.

Room Tip: Floors above 7 only have two elevators that service them, 2-7 have 4 in two banks.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Rob C,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our San Diego hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay; however, we apologize for the inconveniences mentioned in your review. Please know that our flight check in computer has been serviced and is working properly. Also, we appreciate you bringing the hallway garbage on your floor to our attention. We immediately follow up on all of our guests' feedback, as it is extremely important to us. We would also like to thank you for mentioning that you would stay with us again and take advantage of our affordable rates. We hope your travels bring you back to stay at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This Courtyard is in a pretty decent location on the interstate just a short distance away from the San Diego airport. It is a short distance to many good restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. The Gaslamp quarter isn't too far away either as well as in good proximity to the Naval station.
If room appearances are big for you, the rooms look exactly as they are pictured on the website.
Downsides: Internet in the rooms (expensive); charge for parking in the open parking lot.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Dear Fallon S,

Thank you for posting your review. We are happy that you enjoyed our accommodations, as well as our close proximity to shopping, dining, Gaslamp Quarter and many other San Diego attractions. Please note, we do not charge for wifi in our rooms or anywhere else throughout our entire property. If there is a charge on your bill that you would like us to review with you, please call us at your convenience. Also, we appreciate you mentioning that our rooms look exactly as they are pictured on our website. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for giving us your valuable feedback.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My employer chose this hotel. No free internet in rooms ($12.95 per day for internet in your room!). No free breakfast. No microwave/fridge. Older carpet and bathrooms. No fan in the bathroom. They charge extra to park your car. Plus lots of street noise and not many choices for near-by restaurants. (My boss already heard my feedback about this one!) Unfortunately, many of the other Hotel Circle area hotels have similar shortcomings, so if this is where you have to be for a workshop, you're sort of up the creek. If you are going to San Diego by choice, though, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear steveEugene_Oregon,

We believe you have posted your review to the incorrect location. Our hotel offers complimentary internet throughout our entire property. There are absolutely no charges associated with our wifi at any time. We appreciate your time in reviewing your bill and our property location.

Best,

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here because we were going to the zoo the next day, while it's not right at the zoo it was convenient to get there. We were aware of the additional cost for parking, but this is fairly typical for this area of San Diego and didn't think much of it. Our room was very spacious and super clean. The lobby is huge with a Starbucks and, I think, a breakfast area with lots of space tables. (We only had coffee at Starbucks, so I'm just guessing this extra area is a breakfast area). We loved our stay here, the staff was super friendly and helpful, it was easy to get to and from and it was nicely decorated. Next time I'm in the area I'll definitely be back. While we did have to pay for parking, we never had to fight to find a space.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Dear ricksltlsister,

We are delighted that you enjoyed our spacious and super clean accommodations! You are correct; in our spacious lobby is The Bistro that offers healthy choices, a variety of breakfast and dinner options, an evening bar, and specialty beverages made with Starbucks® coffee. Thank you for mentioning that you loved your stay with us! We hope that you plan to visit California again soon so that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

As I write this I am sitting in the lobby of this hotel. Having been to many Courtyards before, this was about average. I would complain about the parking but since my wife's company is paying the tab, I won't complain about the parking fee especially since it isn't like people would park here since nothing but other hotels are within walking distance. Probably the main issue with parking is that when people's tickets don't work, traffic backs up at the exits forcing as many as 8 cars to all back up to let someone back away from the gate. The room was small but clean and everything worked. There is a small pool but it's too cold here to really want to go in the water.

If you are a family with kids, this is probably a good choice because this hotel is overrun with kids. For business travelers, they do tend to get annoying at times especially those who allow their children to whine and run all over. Went to the Bistro for breakfast and ordered and paid and waited, and waited, and waited until I finally asked and they told me they couldn't find me even though I was seated right in the middle with my big #11 sign sitting there? The guy apologized and said they were re-preparing my food but by that time I had to leave to be somewhere so they gave me a refund. The next morning, breakfast was fine and on time so I attribute this error to a slack worker who obviously did not look. Food prices were maybe a little above average with breakfast being about $10-$15. There is Starbucks coffee which I don't like since I drink black, however there is plenty of free, regular coffee (which I am drinking right now.

On this hotel circle, there are several hotels so you may wish to review your options.

Room Tip: Luck of the draw, All rooms are non-smoking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank vbdenny

Dear vbdenny,

Thank you for choosing to make us a part of your business visit to California. We appreciate you sharing all of the details of your stay with us, as well as other travelers. Please accept our apology for our error in failing to see your number and promptly get your meal to you. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to get it right the very next morning. We are glad that you enjoyed your breakfast. Thank you for taking the time out of your visit to review our San Diego hotel while sitting in our lobby and enjoying our complimentary coffee. We will look forward to accommodating you and your wife on your return visit to the San Diego area.

Best,