Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle
$99
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$109
$89
$219
$199
  • Restaurant
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$199
$189
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
$299
  • Beachfront
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$127
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$173
$169
  • Pool
All reviewsmission valleyparking feecourtyard marriotthillcrest areanice hotelold townlobby areabusiness centereasy accesswould stay here againbusiness travelerbusiness tripfitness centerflat screen tvclose to downtownbalboa parkearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed at this location 12-16 March 2012. If you are driving or will have a rental car, Hotel Circle is an ideal location right off I-8. The room was nicely decorated and extremely quiet. Since the room had a refrigerator, I called the front desk and asked if it was possible to get a microwave also, one was delivered within 5 minutes. The bathroom was large with lots of counter space. The room also had lots of lights and modern furniture.

The Bistro was well stocked with a great menu selection and the food and service was always outstanding. The sit-down tables had individual televisions which was a nice touch. There were also taller tables with bar stool style seats.

The Lounge area was modern and very comfortable. The business center was located in the same area.

The front desk personnel were very professional and extremely helpful with any questions that I had. Housekeeping was also exceptional, when I got back everyday the room had been cleaned and looking like new.

If you are going to visit San Diego and want to be located near the highway, I highly recommend Courtyard at Hotel Circle. I found everything that was talked about on Marriott's website to be true.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gilbertgl
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear gilbertgl,

Thank you very much for your outstanding review on our San Diego hotel! We are ecstatic to receive your wonderful compliments on our rooms, our restaurant, The Bistro, our extremely helpful staff and exceptional housekeeping team. We also appreciate you mentioning that you found everything stated on our website to be true. We always enjoy sharing all of the great details that makes our San Diego hotel stand out above the rest. Thank you for your high recommendation of our property. We hope that your travels bring you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Booked a stay on the internet for one price but didn't see the rate increased our second night until after we arrived. After some discussion with the front desk staff...we got that straightened out to my satisfaction.

Hotel was easy to find near Highway 163 and within minutes of the Zoo, the Gaslamp district or the airport.

However...parking at the hotel is $16/day with unlimited in/out. Yikes.

Lobby is well sized with places for relaxing. They could have more power outlets at some of the couches, and some remotes for the TV's.

Elite Rewards members are given a coupon for ONE FREE DRAFT BEER or a discount on other wine/beer purchases. They would not budge on this after several repeated attempts at flirting with the front desk staff.

Rooms were nice and had actual queen beds in their double rooms. Thank goodness for that!

Oh, the water in the shower/sink has varying degrees of hotness, from warm to hot and skin-melting lava. Refreshing, yes...but be advised.

Breakfast was standard issue Courtyard fare at inflated Courtyard prices with free coffee for you people around the corner across from the conference room with glass doors so everyone can watch you have a board meeting for some reason.

Wi-fi was fast and easy to log on.

I'd stay here again, but watch the rates and don't forget to add in the parking fee. I wouldn't pay more than maybe $119-129 for a room here plus parking. They tried to charge me $159 and I got snippy. I mean, why spend that much for a Courtyard room with no Elite benefits when for $50 more I could go to the real Marriott downtown and get treated like a king? I mean seriously...it's just a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ap3266

Dear ap3266,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that we were able to straighten the rate miscommunication to your satisfaction. It is always our pleasure to to be of assistance in any way we can throughout your entire stay. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and that you would stay with us again, as your recommendation is very important to us. Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We hope you will return to visit soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2012

The Courtyard Marriott Mission Valley is a fantastic hotel! I have to say, we took full advantage of most of the ammenities offered here and were greatly pleased. We checked in on a Thursday and had very friendly service from the front desk staff. Our room was clean, nicely decorated and the two queen sized beds were very comfortable for everyone in our party.

We ate breakfast each day at the bistro and it was wonderful- very tasty and, again, great service. The front desk staff was very knowledgeable about area attractions and helpful with suggestions for restaurants and directions. They even provided us with a sheet of paper that listed directions, addresses and phone numbers for area points of interest.

Housekeeping was great- the room was always clean when we came back from our daily adventures and any requests (extra towels) were filled promptly and with a smile.

My daughter and aunt used the pool and loved it- the pool area is very nice, clean and relaxing. I utilized the on site laundry facility and found it to also be clean and reasonably priced.

We found the location of Hotel Circle to be extremely easy access- you just hop on and hop off the highway to get anywhere- we found very easy and quick access to everything we were looking for- Sea World, the SD Zoo, Gas lamp District, Old Town, Mission Beach and Sea Port Village. Every place that we wanted to visit was quickly accessible and within a 10-15 minute drive from this centrally located hotel.

The parking fee of $16 is clearly spelled out on the hotel's website, so I don't really understand why it is an issue for other patrons... we went to the hotel knowing full well what to expect. The parking lot was safe, clean and provided easy access to the rooms with keyed access.

Thank you Courtyard Marriott Mission Valley for an exceptional stay, friendly service and your clean, well appointed hotel. Next time we're in San Diego, we will stay at the Courtyard Marriott on Hotel Circle.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jackiepC7584QU
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear ubergam220,

We are honored to receive your outstanding review on our San Diego hotel! Thank you for your time spent in detailing your experience for other travelers. We are very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our comfortable accommodations, superb customer service, great cuisine and convenient location. Also, thank you for mentioning that you took full advantage of several of our great amenities. We appreciate your review and look forward to delivering another exceptional experience to you and your family on your return visit.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I got this hotel through Hotwire so I got a pretty good rate. The rooms were decent size and had nice decor and was clean. It's located on a street called Hotel Circle and that is pretty much what it is. A line of hotels. One side faces the freeway and the other a big hill (and parking) behind it. So it's not for someone looking for ambiance or walking to shops/restaurants. It's a good central location (Zoo, Seaworld). I was looking to maybe stay in the Gaslamp or Old Town but noticed that most of the rooms only had 2 double beds. This has 2 queen beds- definately a plus for a family of 4. Only bad- parking is $16 night, which wasn't a surprise, but I still think that it's way too much for the location (plenty of parking). The pool area and gym were nice too.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Dear Heidi 2442,

We appreciate your great review and ratings! Thank you for your kind comments on our accommodations, decor and central location. It's always nice to hear how much our guests enjoy our comfortable beds. King and queen size beds are most definitely a plus for any size family, couple or individual. We hope you and your family will be back soon to take advantage of our affordable rates, spacious accommodations and great location!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed at this Marriott on a recent business trip. Although it was centrally located, it wasnt easy to get to and at rush hour getting into the parking lot was difficult. There is a parking gate that you must get a ticket and daily parking is $16.00, which is a rip. The check in was OK, once in my room I found that the housekeeping wasnt that great. The carpet had a stain and in the bathroom there was a clump of black hair in the corner by the shower...gross. The bed at first seemed comfortable but had a lump in the middle. I had dinner at the "bistro" which is basically an overpriced snack bar. When I told the front desk of the housekeeping issues all I got was "I'm sorry". I am not sure if I will stay here again, the parking cost and lack of concern about the housekeeping issues were an issue.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Travelalot31310,

We are extremely sorry about the inconveniences you experienced. Please be assured that we are most certainly concerned about these types of housekeeping occurrences. We take these exceptions very seriously, and have taken the necessary steps to further investigate this incident. In regard to parking, you will find that the majority of brand hotels within our area charge a parking fee. The few that do not will have higher rates. We do hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to deliver an enjoyable stay.

Best Regards,