“Chose for the view, was not dissappointed!”

Blue Wave Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Wave Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #189 of 4,724 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scott
Description: Enjoy the beautiful view of Point Loma paired with the delectable flavors of seasonally inspired cuisine created by Executive Chef, Christopher Spayde. What's more, the restaurant features an excellent wine list and the lounge offers a daily happy hour. You can also order room service or have food delivered poolside. Relax and unwind around a great meal at Blue Wave Bar & Grill.
Manitoba, Canada
“Chose for the view, was not dissappointed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Looked for a place on Shelter Island for a light bite and a glass of wine, popped in here. The outside deck was exactly what I needed on a beautiful San Diego day! Staff was prompt and very courteous, even though I was the only one out there, never felt I was being forgotten. Chose the Mediterranean Chicken Flatbread. Flavor was very good, although the dish was quite over cooked. Fortunately for them, I like my breads crispy, so didn't complain. The chicken pieces were pretty tough though. Lovely wine, great ambiance, and price was good.

• Visited November 2013

london
“Good for Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had room service from this place on several occasions. We found it good and it hit the spot. We also went to the restaurant once and sat out on the outside deck for breakfast. We found the food good again and the outside space really nice. The waitress was nice and efficient too.

• Visited November 2013
Vista, California
“ok meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We decided to eat here before a concert and did not make reservations...mistake! They were very busy but got us in so we were OK with the slow service. They only had two servers and it did take awhile but as I said we were lucky to get in. My husband had a fillet mignon and he said it was "good" I had the encrusted halibut and I have had much better but was eatable. The Cesar salad was very sad and small and I would not recommend it...but did have huge croutons.

• Visited October 2013
Larvik, Norway
“Who hired this woman?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed at the hotel and visited the restaurant a few times. We were reasonably satisfied with the restaurant which served pricy but adequate food from polite staff. However we had a dispute over the tab (9 dollars). Our toddler (17 months) was served a full portion of pasta allthough the waiter had suggested half a portion. Still we misunderstood each other, in it self no problem. However, she needed to consult the manager. The manager showed up at the table and "gracefully donated" us dessert at 7 dollars and a reprimande as " they didn't do half portions". So much for "the customer's allways right". After that we didn't eat there any more....

Visited October 2013
“Food not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was very disappointed in my meal at the Blue Wave & Grill. We found the restaurant through the Entertainment book. Even at a 2-for-1 I would not go back. I had nut crusted halibut and the halibut was so dry and over cooked it was hardly eatable. The bread had been reheated in a microwave so that it was chewy and the service was pretty poor. I asked for ranch dressing for my calamari appetizer, but by the time they brought it, the calamari was cold. The prices are high for the poor quality of food. I do not recommend this restaurant.

JLO