“Great breakfast/brunch place”

Ranked #105 of 4,873 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located just a block of the GasLamp district...close to the Marriot near Petco Park and Hilton Bayside....not far from the TIN FISH
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a great place for breakfast with a good menu, good service and reasonable prices. Of the various places we tried in the area this was by far the best.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I absolutely love breakfast. I love it in the a.m., for lunch, and even for supper. I swear that I could eat biscuits and gravy for every meal for a year... maybe even two. So I literally feel like I am walking into a dream when I visit the Broken Yolk. Please... no one pinch me!

The first thing that I notice is the atmosphere. Everyone is happy... drinking the delicious smelling coffee... eating the fluffiest blueberry pancakes I have ever seen. The servers are all smiling... offering refills, extra warm syrup, and more sugar for the French Toast. Oh my goodness! I'm never leaving this place!

The Broken Yolk is open for breakfast and lunch, and even though I am a self-diagnosed breakfast addict, the lunch side of the men u is taunting me with an extremely delectable French Dip. I could always settle in the middle with the Monte Cristo.

Believe me when I say that this is the best breakfast experience that I have ever had. The service is impeccable, and the food is beyond words, but I am desperately making an effort.

The only problem is that I have now reached my biscuit plateau, and all other biscuits will not be compared to the delicious, elusive biscuit that I must travel to the west coast to eat. Well, I do like to travel...

Visit the Broken Yolk online for additional information, or call 619-338-YOLK.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was visiting San Diego for work and went to Broken Yolk for brunch after reading reviews on TA. It was a mixture of mexican and typical american brunch fare, very tasty, good service. My only criticism is that the menus are laminated and garish.....which is a personal peeve....but I'm not sure that even counts.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

a classic coffee shop. genuinely friendly and professional staff. great food, good value. a wonderful tip for breakfast in the gas lamp quarter if you'd rather avoid $35.00 hotel breakfasts. here, you spend a third and the quality is outstanding.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service and no wait on a weekday at about 10. Ordered banana pancakes which where very good, bananas sweet and perfectly carmalized, only picky thing I had was that they were obviously cooked along side or right after something with onions as 1/2 off them had an onion tang to them, a huge pet peeve of mine but i get how it happens. BTW the omelets are huge!! 4 eggs with tons of sides so go hungry if you plan on getting one!