“Wonderful way to learn more about San Diego history”
Review of Little Italy Tours

Little Italy Tours
Ranked #10 of 105 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer historical and food tours in Little Italy, San Diego.
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a great tour for people that are looking at just more than the San Diego sun. There is lots of history in this little neighborhood that you just wouldn't get if you were going on your own. This side of town is worth your time!

Make sure you do it with Little Italy Tours, they make it fun, interesting and entertaining. I would suggest it for anybody

2  Thank See_Italy15

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Not much more that I can add to the already glowing reviews listed below. We had great fun
on this tour and enjoyed Anthony as he is a great story teller! Stay for farmers market. It can be a wonderful day trip with your out of town company or just a reason to soak in some Italian culture and good food - what could be better? This is a popular tour so book early if you get an online deal. Yes, parking is a challenge so go early or take the trolley.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I are locals and we visit Little Italy frequently, yet we still learned a lot. We have also taken many city tours all over the world. Tour guide Anthony is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about his community and culture and made the tour one of the best city tours we've ever taken. My advice for this tour is to come hungry. It starts with a rich and delicious pastry and ends with yummy pizza and pasta. The tour takes in views of the harbor, historical buildings, and interesting facts about the people who created the community. The highlight is the beautiful church Our Lady of the Rosary with paintings reminiscent of the Sistine Chapel (really) and fantastic stained glass. A great way to show off San Diego to visitors. Be sure to visit the Mercado (farmer's market), which is open until 2:00 every Saturday. Divertiti!

1  Thank Albizia
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I resently took a tour of Little Italy on a beautiful Saturday morning. We were greeted by tour guide Anthony, who is orginially from Italy and speaks fluid Italian. We started off from the being of the settlers in little Italy to the present, which was 2 1/2 hrs, of the tour. Along the way we had a delicious pastry from Italy, delicious pizza, pasta and gelato. He told and showed the history of Little Italy, which was very informitive. I've lived in San Diego for 16 1/2 yrs. and am stilling learning about this city. I would recommended this tour and any other tours of San Diego and surrounding areas to every visitor and residience. Anthony was a great guide and very informative.
Parking is a problem, but if you take the Trolley from Old Town, it's just 10 mins. to Little Italy. And on Saturdays from 9 -1 is one of the best Farmer's Markets in San Diego.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This walking tour is only done on Saturday morning - at the same time the huge Farmer's Market is in full swing. Be sure to get there early to be able to find a place to park that's not too far away. We started out with a yummy pastry while the tour director/owner, Anthony, supplied us all with headsets and he talked as we walked. Unless he got too far ahead, we could hear all he said. He was entertaining, knowledgeable and gracious. I was amazed at his ability to remember so many names We learned a lot about the history of the area and then ended up getting a slice of pizza and some pasta - ummm. And topped it off with gelato at a different place.

It was a beautiful day - not too hot. But I use a walker and have trouble walking any distance and couldn't always keep up. At the end of the tour, we went up a hill and that turned out to be my undoing. My son and I went back down the hill and sat and waited for them outside the restaurant where we were to have our pizza. If you have any trouble walking, I don't recommend it. My son would like to do it again on his own or with someone without a walking problem so he can hear and see the parts we missed.