“"Lively and Vibrant Little Italy Walking Tour"”
Review of Little Italy Tours

Little Italy Tours
Ranked #11 of 108 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer food and cultural tours of Little Italy, San Diego. Our tour guides are passionate about the area and the food choices we have you try
Reviewed July 9, 2013

A great time was had spending two hours on a Saturday morning taking a walking tour of Little Italy, hosted by Anthony, a charismatic, friendly and energetic tour guide and owner. It was neat when each of us was given headphones and a transmitter making it easy to listen to Anthony's knowledgeable information on the area. Anthony made an immediate connection with his audience of eager participants as he talked about the history of Little Italy introducing us to many of the locals and their families, who are part of Little Italy's history, as we walked past various historical sites. He shared stories and photos of Little Italy's early rise to its present successful redevelopment. The climax of the tour was being treated to a slice of delicious thin crusted pizza, eating mouthwatering gelato and tasting a marzipan cookie, all from well known Little Italy eateries. I highly recommend this Little Italy Tour. Anthony goes all the way with customer service! Bravo!

2  Thank Travelqueen030
All reviews
"pizza tour"
in 13 reviews
"walking tour"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
"never a dull moment"
"from place to place"
"great morning"

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband, myself, and another couple, all long time San Diegans, took advantage of a Living Social coupon and this tour exceeded our expectations. Anthony, our tour guide, was knowledge about the history of Little Italy and was an amazing story teller with a great sense of humor. We learned about the area and were totally entertained the enitre tour. He has a passion for the community, seems to know the locals, and introduced us to all of them. And there was lots of yummy food. We would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was hesitant to take a tour of a town I was raised in, especially being Italian, but my mom and I were both pleasantly surprised. From our first conversation with Anthony we were treated like royalty. Anthony was an amazing tour guide, both knowledgeable and entertaining. We learned so much and had such a good time doing so. Grazie!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have lived in San DIego for over 30 years and decided it would be fun to do a walking tour of this section of downtown. Reservations are easily made though email. Directions included a suggestion for a free two hour parking area. On Saturday mornings there is also a Farmer's market in the area so I might suggest looking for that parking spot early. Upon checking in with our fabulous tour guide, Anthony, we were given a light weight headset to wear for the tour. This is not a pre-recorded deal where you walk from place to place by yourself. Anthony led the tour, stopping at all sorts of interesting spots from a local market, a place of worship and many more stops with many interesting historical stories and photos of that era. Anthony is extremely professional, friendly and knowledgable.Yes, there is also food on this tour. At the end of the tour I was able to choose from over 12 different types of pizza. To top that off, we were then treated to homemade gelato. If you are local or from out of town this is a wonderful walking tour. I will definitely take this tour again when I have family in town visiting. Keep an eye out on Groupon, sometimes they have discount tickets for this tour. Here is contact info:
Anthony M. Davi (our tour guide)
Little Italy Tourism (est. 1997)
Office (760-736-1138)