“Great Tour, Fantastico!”
Review of Little Italy Tours

Little Italy Tours
Ranked #10 of 98 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer historical and food tours in Little Italy, San Diego.
san diego
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Tour, Fantastico!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was hesitant to take a tour of a town I was raised in, especially being Italian, but my mom and I were both pleasantly surprised. From our first conversation with Anthony we were treated like royalty. Anthony was an amazing tour guide, both knowledgeable and entertaining. We learned so much and had such a good time doing so. Grazie!!!

Visited June 2013

San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little Italy Historical Walking Tour”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have lived in San DIego for over 30 years and decided it would be fun to do a walking tour of this section of downtown. Reservations are easily made though email. Directions included a suggestion for a free two hour parking area. On Saturday mornings there is also a Farmer's market in the area so I might suggest looking for that parking spot early. Upon checking in with our fabulous tour guide, Anthony, we were given a light weight headset to wear for the tour. This is not a pre-recorded deal where you walk from place to place by yourself. Anthony led the tour, stopping at all sorts of interesting spots from a local market, a place of worship and many more stops with many interesting historical stories and photos of that era. Anthony is extremely professional, friendly and knowledgable.Yes, there is also food on this tour. At the end of the tour I was able to choose from over 12 different types of pizza. To top that off, we were then treated to homemade gelato. If you are local or from out of town this is a wonderful walking tour. I will definitely take this tour again when I have family in town visiting. Keep an eye out on Groupon, sometimes they have discount tickets for this tour. Here is contact info:
Anthony M. Davi (our tour guide)
Little Italy Tourism (est. 1997)
Office (760-736-1138)
Cell (760-613-0112)
www.littleitalytours.com

Visited March 2013
1 Thank LeanneNP
Murrieta, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Story Telling of Little Italy's History”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our tour guides were very hospitable and descriptive. He did such a wonderful job telling the story of Little Italy's history. As we walked through town, I felt like I was sometimes in the moment sharing the experience! I felt more comfortable with the area afterwards, and the food on the tour was also good :)

Visited February 2013
Vista, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I Love Being Italian!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Whenever I go on vacation to somewhere new, I like to take tours to hear the stories, legends, landmarks and other history from the area. Last Saturday, I decided to be a Tourist in my own Town! Anthony and AnnaLisa took us all around the neighborhood of San Diego known as Little Italy. We had food to eat and food for thought, throughout! We wore headsets, so we could hear the entire tour very well, and we saw and heard things that we never knew before. I as so impressed, signed up for another tour! Thanks Anthony and AnnaLisa!

Visited March 2013
San Diego
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Time Highly Recommend”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We recently took this tour and had a great time. Anthony and Annalisa make a great team. We are not the tour type at all but thought we give it this one a try. When we first arrived, the large group was a little concerning. After no time at all, we were on a way for what turned out to be a real enjoyable tour that I would highly recommend both to locals and visitors. The local history of Little Italy was very interesting and very well presented by Anthony. The architecture was very interesting and the Church (Our Lady of the Rosary) was awesome with it's stained glass windows and paintings. Although a small church it reminded me of some that I saw when station in Italy.

We understand that Annalisa has cooking class that we look forward to attending.

Ciao