“Yum”
Review of Searsucker

Searsucker
Reserve with OpenTable
Searsucker is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th and Market
Description: Seated in the heart of the Gaslamp District, Searsucker serves New American Classic cuisine paired with specialty cocktails and unique local brews.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went for dinner here when visiting a friend in San Deigo - they had heard it was good. A great recommendation - the duck dish I had was delicious.

There are newer reviews for Searsucker

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This restaurant is a find, unfortunately too many people have found it. Brian Malarkey of Top Chef fame has created a group of restaurants in San Diego and this is one of the best. Each dish is thoughtfully created and thoughtfully prepared. The service is excellent and the food memorable

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Met two friends on the last afternoon in San Diego for dinner before my red-eye out. My friend recommended we meet here and had been before. It was not crowded at 6 pm on a Sunday and the bartenders were friendly and poured a good martini. My friend brought his pug puppy so we were accommodated to one of the outside tables that was a nice spot in the corner. It's just a single row of tables but the space doesn't feel cramped.
Food was all delish. I had the chicken - who can pass up Brussels and bacon? I'll be going again next time I'm in town.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was talked into having a business.meal at this restaurant during my recent business trip to San Diego. The restaurant is very big with a nice bar. It has a very nice atmosphere. Our server was very nice and attentive. I chose the "Indian summer" from their list of specialty drinks and it was excellent. I had the Kobe beef ceviche as my appetizer and again, excellent. Lastly, for my meal, I had the tuna, pan seared, warped in prosciutto and it was excellent as well. I will surely try this place again the next time I am in San Diego.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We went for dinner at Searsucker with friends and my son who had eat here before.

Driving in to a busy San Diego on a Saturday evening we used the Searsucker valet parking which was reasonably priced and very efficient.

The restaurant has a great vibe and is probably aimed at a younger clientele as it can be noisy, to be honest on a busy Saturday night it was fun to enjoy this atmosphere.

The service was attentive, informative about the eclectic menu and fast.

The food was absolutely excellent, I can recommend the pork chop, it was beautifully cooked!