“Restaurant Week Gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Description: For those on a quest to find the best Italian fine dining San Diego has to offer, you've come to the right place. Nestled in the lively and cultured Downtown San Diego Gaslamp District, just three blocks away from the San Diego Convention Center, BiCE presents an award-winning dining experience with a sophisticated menu that will take your senses on a delectable tour of Italy - all without leaving the twinkling skyline of Downtown San Diego. BiCE combines the comforts of true Italian hospitality, the wholesome ingredients of a real Italian marketplace, and the culinary innovation of the finest Italian chefs for a unique dining experience, unlike any Downtown San Diego restaurants you've tried before.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We started with cocktails - wonderful floral drinks and a sidecar that was perfection. We opted for different appetizers, entrees and desserts to try more things. The polenta squid stew was tasty and light as was the ahi tuna on zucchini and topped with a quail egg. The squid ink potato gnocci was fluffy and paired perfectly with the salmon. The rigatoni with saffron and pepper sauce was delicious and the sausage gave it a nice smoky flavor (the dish was served under glass, with smoke - quite a sight!) Desserts were also amazing: Chocolate cake with peanut sauce and a gold dusted chocolate shell and Orange Creme Brulee with berries and coconut sauce.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Fantastic Happy Hour! Great Service. Food presented unlike you've ever seen! Very unique tastings. Loved it.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I stopped in...it was our second time. I see some mixed reveiws, but both times we had excellent service and food. I did notice several large groups of business people from the convention center...they all seemed to be having great times as well. The cheese selection is wonderful as is the wine. The menu was fresh with some excellent specials. We'll go back.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am soooo sorry for this review Bice, I REALLY wanted to love you, but please don't contact me asking me to come back and try again, I'm not interested in your dining experience. The wait staff was on the edge of rude and to us the food seemed just average; it had no continuity. Seriously, we joked about how the combinations were so random and did nothing to enhance the flavors of the main ingredients - we called it: Wheel of Bice.

I live across the street from this place; I see Ferraris pull up, Maserati's, the whole 9 yards so when I go there for the first time I'm expecting to get blown away... but all I got was more reinforcement that everything downtown is overpriced and underwhelming.

Was my one experience unique? Mmmmmm, possibly but it was so blah that I'll never go back. I guess I was expecting more Cucina Urbana food in an upscale environment. Not.

1  Thank cohibafan
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Dined here on New Years day for dinner and ordered the Halibut with assorted seafoon. Halibut was a bit dry and overcooked but the service was above average and our server Stefano was very knowledgable and friendly. My husband ordered the Lasagna with meat sauce and that was excellant. Observed other plates delivered to neighbouring tables and all looked delicious. The venison chop and ribeye steak were massive. Will return to try other menu items. Would give higher rating on food but fish was overcooked.