“Delicious with a fabulous Menu” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bice Ristorante

Bice Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Bice Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #231 of 4,699 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Description: For those on a quest to find the best Italian fine dining San Diego has to offer, you've come to the right place. Nestled in the lively and cultured Downtown San Diego Gaslamp District, just three blocks away from the San Diego Convention Center, BiCE presents an award-winning dining experience with a sophisticated menu that will take your senses on a delectable tour of Italy - all without leaving the twinkling skyline of Downtown San Diego. BiCE combines the comforts of true Italian hospitality, the wholesome ingredients of a real Italian marketplace, and the culinary innovation of the finest Italian chefs for a unique dining experience, unlike any Downtown San Diego restaurants you've tried before.
Yorba Linda, California
“Delicious with a fabulous Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

There were three of us in our party. Our server, who unfortunately I can't remember his name, was great, very attentive. We happened to be sitting by the owner and his family and our mouths were watering looking at the food at their table. We ordered our drinks and a three cheese platter, we were able to choose which cheese we wanted. Warm delicious bread was also served. The owner was very generous and had the chef prepare us some of the same dishes they were eating. Fantastic is all I can say. We wish we lived closer so we could dine there more often. "Bice" will be our choice anytime we are in San Diego.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank AmyZfromSoCa

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Halifax, Massachusetts
“Bice Bice Baby”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stopped into Bice with my niece and her husband while on vacation with my wife. They had always wanted to go there. When I walked in I thought Uh-Oh here we go. The place was very nice and the staff very formal. We settled in and ordered up.There was a great selection of wine and the food was terrific. When the biil came I was pleasantly surprised. The bill was well below what I would have expected based on the staff, atmosphere and food quality.

• Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“Overrated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was led to believe that this was one of the top restaurants in the city. Although it was good, it was not excellent. The service was adequate, the food good, but nothing to write home about.

Visited May 2013
San Diego
“Over promised and under delivered”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stopped in to their happy hour. Staff in the bar were great, friendly and good service. Decided to eat there. That was a mistake. Not sure if someone didn't show up to work, but they seemed very understaffed. The person who waited on us, we were not sure if he was the wait staff or management. He was dressed like a manager (coat and tie) and not like the other waiters. He was personable and originally from Milan. We asked his opinion on the tortellini and the lasagna special. He raved about both and said the lasagna was particularly good because of the sauce (Bolognese). We ordered those, a bruschetta for an appetizer and a Caesar salad to split. They brought bread and our drinks. The bruschetta never arrived, the Caesar showed upon one plate which the server stuck in the middle of the table. Most restaurants when we order a salad to split, put it on two plates. Then the entrees came. I don't know if they were running out of sauce or if they thought it was upscale to put minimum sauce on the dishes. There was so little sauce we couldn't really tell if it was any good at all. I am sure the lasagna was run thru a microwave as it was so incredibly hot that it really couldn't be eaten for quite sometime. The tortellini was very salty and dry because of the lack of sauce. We asked for more bread (it was quite good as was the ricotta-mascarpone spread that comes with the bread). Never came. Finally was able to flag our waiter down and ask him again. It finally came. I hope this was just an off night for them as we have dined there before and had a good experience. However, it will probably be sometime before I give them another try. There are too many good Italian restaurants in San Diego where I know the food and service is good to take a chance on wasting my money on a "maybe it will be good" situation

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CraigIVes
“Great food with the best service I've had in years.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

You can go on autopilot in this wonderful Italian restaurant. Sit back, don't worry, and enjoy your friends. We had an excellent waiter who knew the fine food and the wine list well, with spot on suggestions.

A solid choice in the Gaslight district, a short walk from the convention center.

• Visited May 2013