“Left Hungry & Unsatisfied”

Marion's Fish Market
Ranked #1,925 of 4,849 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was strolling through Seaport Village and I wanted some seafood but I didn't make to eat at Habor House. I chose Marion's Fish Market; it seemed pricy for "fast food seafood" but I was hungry. I order a bucket with fried fish (2), fried oysters (2), and fries. Everything was horrible and overly greasy. The fish tasteless; zero seasoning. The fried oysters, well let's just say I didn't finish them. These oysters were larger than I am used too and didn't taste fresh. The fries were bland. I spent about $14.00; I left hungry and dissatisfied. Next I'll just spend the extra dollars and get better seafood at Harbor House.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was attending a conference at the nearby Convention Center, had an hour between talks, was familiar with this place, knew exactly what I was going to get by ordering clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl, and that's exactly how it went down. I think you get better food than you'd expect for the price, considering the Seaport Village location, but the price is low and so that shouldn't be considered a rave. I've eaten here in the past, and have had the place always meet the expectation of an okay meal served quickly, and if that's what you require, they'll satisfy the need.

If you like ocean views and get to this restaurant early enough that there is a table left in the outside seating area (and you're carrying your own food from the counter and fending for yourself in finding seating), then the view isn't bad.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Purchased fish and chips, which included cole slaw. Pollock fish was good, fries so-so and cole slaw dry. Reasonably priced for San Diego--located at Seaport Village. Service and seating are outdoors. I don't know if we would go back again.

1  Thank TeaLady_12
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Came here for lunch, and was sorely disappointed. Ordered the mahi taco specials. The fish was bad, the rice was bad, the beans were bad. All tasted like they had been refrigerated for days. There's nothing more to say other than don't waste your time. There are plenty other better options in this area.

2  Thank Ron J
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Marion's is a nice little spot right in Seaport Village for a quick bite to eat. It is just a small place with a few tables inside and a few more outside. Many of the Seaport Village restaurants are pretty pricey but if you'd like something quick, reasonably priced and pretty well made you'll like Marion's.

2  Thank nearlycanadian