“Met all of expectations and more!!”

Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim
Ranked #66 of 287 Tours in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: Half-Day, Expert-Guided Tour from San Diego to La Jolla and Torrey Pines. Amazing Scenery. Fascinating History. Includes driver & guide for a better experience. Join our optional walking tours or take free time to explore on your own. See 360-degree views from one of the highest hilltops along the Southern California coast, multi-million dollar mansions, sea lions, seals, pelicans, cormorants, paragliders flying off ocean cliffs, and the Torrey Pines Golf Course, home to the 2008 & 2021 U.S. Opens. Learn about the history of pioneering women, famous residents, aviation, geology, architecture, military, interesting trees and more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Was looking at exploring the coastline and ran across Tim's brochure. The days and times offered coincided with our timeline so we made the booking. It was a short walk from our in the gaslamp district to the pickup point.
Tim was already there welcoming clients. The tour bus was exceptional. It looked new and the inside was leather and also had the new smell to it. It was extremely clean!!
Tim took into account a misty morning so adjusted the tour to maximize the views . Tim is a wealth of information. Historical and factual but in a folksy way.
The comfort of his clients are foremost. Whether its offering water or taking pictures of you and your companion you come first.He even emailed me copies since he took the pictures on his own camera for us! Tim even bought my wife a cupcake from a different restaurant that we visited on our lunch stop in LaJolla. What a guy.
The tour is well thought out and placed. The half day breezes by. Tim works at being the best tour operator he can be.
At the end of the tour he even dropped off the guests at their individual hotel. A gesture that wasn't necessary but appreciated.
Overall Tim is your go to guy.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was the escort for a recent mature adult group tour visiting San Diego county. The tour was called "Luxury in La Jolla," so we wanted it to focus on the finer things in and around this popular and prestigious community. Victor was our guide. He did a fine job in understanding the theme, then presenting the area to my travelers in an upbeat, relevant and entertaining way. I especially appreciated that it was not 2 1/2 hours of driving and "blah, blah, blah." Planned stops gave us the opportunity to stretch our legs, see and photograph scenic areas much better than the view afforded from the bus, and even "enjoy" La Jolla's more odoriferous offerings. The price was reasonable. I'd definitely use this company and guide again!

TourGuideTim, Owner at Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

For clarification, virtually all the reviews listed here are written about the half-day (5 hour) Coastal San Diego Tour that is open to the public. Victor and I are occasionally asked to provide customized private tours for individuals and groups. This review was written about a private 2.5 hour tour we had the privilege of providing. -Tim

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was very excited to see that this tour existed when I searched on the Internet, and I was able to book it a week or two before our trip.

For my husband and I, this was our first time in San Diego. Since we did not rent a car and really did not know how to get around, this was an excellent way to see the coastal areas and not have to worry about driving and navigating to these places.

Tour guide Tim really knows all the stories and history of all the places we visited. The scenery was beautiful and I especially enjoyed the Sea Lions and Seals in La Jolla!

I would highly recommend this tour if you want to spend a fun day seeing and learning about the coastal areas of San Diego.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Tim's tour was a much better price than the one offered through the convention. Tim and his driver Dennis were exactly where they said they would be and on time. Very accommodating and patient in every way. Even offered water while on the bus and plenty of bathroom breaks. With the smaller group you became acquainted with people from all over much quicker. I had read all the reviews ahead of time and there were no surprises. Except for dropping us off at our hotel on the way back and offering to do that for all the guests on the tour as well. Also, because he offered to take pictures for us, I have pictures of me and my husband instead of just one or the other. Tim showed that he really enjoys what he does which made the trip that much more enjoyable. Also, his website was very helpful when visiting other parts of San Diego.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The tour started downtown at the Santa Fe Train Station and took you to the beautiful coastal parts of La Jolla. I would advise that this tour be taken on the first or second day of your visit so that you can come back and spend more time at the attractions you like . The second advantage of the tour is to meet Tim ,an extremely friendly and helpful guide ! I was taking the tour alone and was staying in Mission Hills .Tim offered to drop me off after the tour was completed since my cell phone had died and I could not call a taxi. He certainly goes the extra mile to see that one is comfortable and safe. The tour is conducted in a comfortable mini bus.The walking was at a comfortable pace and Tim offered to make other arrangements if you felt you could not walk the distance .The tour is entertaining , informative and above all takes you to some of the most beautiful places you will ever see. The recommendations for lunch are fantastic and Tim is very thoughtful and makes every effort to make sure you are enjoying his tour . Tim is happy to help with information regarding the city and its attractions . I wish him all the best and hope that he expands the business to cover more areas of San Diego.

Travelers who viewed Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim also viewed

Been to Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim? Share your experiences!