“Great tour with Tour Guide Tim!”

Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim
Ranked #58 of 267 Tours in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: Half-Day, Expert-Guided Tour from San Diego to La Jolla and Torrey Pines. Amazing Scenery. Fascinating History. Includes driver & guide for a better experience. Join our optional walking tours or take free time to explore on your own. See 360-degree views from one of the highest hilltops along the Southern California coast, multi-million dollar mansions, sea lions, seals, pelicans, cormorants, paragliders flying off ocean cliffs, and the Torrey Pines Golf Course, home to the 2008 & 2021 U.S. Opens. Learn about the history of pioneering women, famous residents, aviation, geology, architecture, military, interesting trees and more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Coram, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great tour with Tour Guide Tim!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was very excited to see that this tour existed when I searched on the Internet, and I was able to book it a week or two before our trip.

For my husband and I, this was our first time in San Diego. Since we did not rent a car and really did not know how to get around, this was an excellent way to see the coastal areas and not have to worry about driving and navigating to these places.

Tour guide Tim really knows all the stories and history of all the places we visited. The scenery was beautiful and I especially enjoyed the Sea Lions and Seals in La Jolla!

I would highly recommend this tour if you want to spend a fun day seeing and learning about the coastal areas of San Diego.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't miss this tour!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Tim's tour was a much better price than the one offered through the convention. Tim and his driver Dennis were exactly where they said they would be and on time. Very accommodating and patient in every way. Even offered water while on the bus and plenty of bathroom breaks. With the smaller group you became acquainted with people from all over much quicker. I had read all the reviews ahead of time and there were no surprises. Except for dropping us off at our hotel on the way back and offering to do that for all the guests on the tour as well. Also, because he offered to take pictures for us, I have pictures of me and my husband instead of just one or the other. Tim showed that he really enjoys what he does which made the trip that much more enjoyable. Also, his website was very helpful when visiting other parts of San Diego.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“LaJolla tour with Tim”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The tour started downtown at the Santa Fe Train Station and took you to the beautiful coastal parts of La Jolla. I would advise that this tour be taken on the first or second day of your visit so that you can come back and spend more time at the attractions you like . The second advantage of the tour is to meet Tim ,an extremely friendly and helpful guide ! I was taking the tour alone and was staying in Mission Hills .Tim offered to drop me off after the tour was completed since my cell phone had died and I could not call a taxi. He certainly goes the extra mile to see that one is comfortable and safe. The tour is conducted in a comfortable mini bus.The walking was at a comfortable pace and Tim offered to make other arrangements if you felt you could not walk the distance .The tour is entertaining , informative and above all takes you to some of the most beautiful places you will ever see. The recommendations for lunch are fantastic and Tim is very thoughtful and makes every effort to make sure you are enjoying his tour . Tim is happy to help with information regarding the city and its attractions . I wish him all the best and hope that he expands the business to cover more areas of San Diego.

Dubai,UAE
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Do not leave San Diego without taking this Tour !”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A half day tour from 12- 5 , starting from Santa Fe Sation and taking you to the beautiful coastal parts of La Jolla is highly recommended. I would advise that this tour be taken on the first or second day of your visit so that you can come back and spend more time at the attractions you like . The second advantage of the tour is to know Tim , an extremely helpful guide ! I was taking the tour alone and was staying in La Jolla so Tim offered to pick me up and drop me at the hotel . He certainly goes the extra mile to see that one is comfortable .
The tour is conducted in a comfortable mini bus with Dennis driving it . The tour is entertaining , informative and above all takes you to some of the most beautiful places you will ever see. la Jolla cove wth its wildlife inspires one to be an amateur national Geographic photographer ! The recommendations for lunch are fantastic and Tim and Dennis are very thoughtful.They even provided Jackets and water if needed . Tim is happy to help with information regarding the city and its attractions . I wish him all the best and hope that he expands the business to cover more areas of not only San Diego but other parts of California and maybe neighbouring states as well !

Sherwood, Oregon
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“great way to see la jolla and more”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

very interesting tour we enjoyed the view and reading the memorials wish we could have gone back or spend a longer time. Tim and Vincent are wonderful guides and Driver Dennis was very accomidating. Very comfortable tour on one of the hottest weeks of the year. You learn a lot of facts and see some amazing sites. Enjoyed lunch at the Gourmet Deli Nice size group and they accomidated everyone along the trip a nice touch was to start out with where people where visiting from it was a little icebreaker to make us more comfortable with one another. Thanks for one of our favorite tours on our trip. Oh good meeting spot too.

Visited September 2013

Travelers who viewed Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim also viewed

Been to Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim? Share your experiences!