“Amazingly interesting and informative tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
Book a Tour
Ranked #52 of 259 Tours in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: Half-Day, Expert-Guided Tour from San Diego to La Jolla and Torrey Pines. Amazing Scenery. Fascinating History. Includes driver & guide for a better experience. Join our optional walking tours or take free time to explore on your own. See 360-degree views from one of the highest hilltops along the Southern California coast, multi-million dollar mansions, sea lions, seals, pelicans, cormorants, paragliders flying off ocean cliffs, and the Torrey Pines Golf Course, home to the 2008 & 2021 U.S. Opens. Learn about the history of pioneering women, famous residents, aviation, geology, architecture, military, interesting trees and more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Morpeth, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amazingly interesting and informative tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Highlight of our visit to San Diego. The tour showed us things we would never have found otherwise. Tim was a vast source of information, which made the 5 hours fly by.
So much to see, and tour guide could not have been more helpful.

Visited November 2012

Wichita, Kansas
“It was a great day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I took this tour in October during a short San Diego stay. It turned out to be a great day and Tim was a great guide! We especially liked the fact that the group number is limited; we don't need "one-on-one" but it's nice not to be part of a herd.
If I had a few extra million dollars lying around, I'd just move to La Jolla and be done with it.
My only small regret is that I didn't ask Tim to stop and let me purchase a painting by a guy doing landscapes near the Cove; that was my error, not Tim's as he was MOST accommodating to requests by our group.
This tour is worth the price and the time! Take it!

Visited October 2012
Northern Virginia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Memorable Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our tour of La Jolla & Torrey Pines with Tour Guide Tim was one our most memorable events of a seven day stay in San Diego! Despite record breaking high temperatures during our visit, this tour was well worth the cost and time! We saw things we would never have found on our own. Time does a great job providing interesting and fun information all along the route! He is exceptionally knowledgeable and his demeanor is impeccable! You wont regret taking this tour! Bring a light snack and beverage( lunch is near end of tour), wear comfortable shoes and weather appropriate attire. ( you will be walking outside for a fair amount of the tour) Be sure your camera has ample batteries, you will be taking lots of photos!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank kimflwrpwr
Huntington Beach, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I are in our late 20s and were hesitant to go on a guided tour; however, we were pleasantly surprised with the trip. We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Tim and being able to learn so much from him. Do not hesitate to book your tour!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Brandon C
Perth, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Took Tim's Tour last week and it was excellent. You can really tell that Tim enjoys what he does and is respected and liked by people you encounter on the tour who interact with him regularly. Tour groups are limited in size (8 the day I went but up to 20) so you really get that personal feeling. Saw great sites in La Jolla and Torrey Pines. Tour was well paced and you could also choose to do parts or do you own thing which gives you some great options.
I'd highly recommend you do it early on in your trip as Tim can give you some great ideas of what else to do during your stay.
Added bonus was at the end of the tour, as it was dark when we got back he driver dropped my right back to my hotel!
Thanks Tim see you next time I come to San Diego

Travelers who viewed Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim also viewed

Been to Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim? Share your experiences!