“sailing with Captain Art”
Review of Sail San Diego

$690.00*
Private Half Day Local Fishing Trips in San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: San Diego's Finest Sailing Experience! With over 26 years of experience and thousands of happy clients, our crew works diligently to insure each Sail is a perfect one for all! All of our crew love what they do and it shows!!Come out for an intimate sail for 2,corporate event,sailing lessons with a few friends,whale watching experience, or a memorable celebration at sea. WE excel at doing private parties, proposals, anniversaries, birthdays or a romantic sunset sail. All or excursions come with a knowledgeable friendly Captain, complementary chilled Wine, Beer, Sodas,& yummy snacks. Take the helm, trim the sails,or sit back and enjoy a glass of wine on the bow. Our boats were purchased with YOU in mind.The cockpit is where you will spend much of your time and it's roomy enough for 12 people. We Sail (3)Uber clean 40' boats and (1) Brand new 42' boat in our fleet. We can't wait to take you for your next San Diego adventure.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“sailing with Captain Art”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My friend and I came over the 4th of July and took a sail with Captain Art.It was my first experience and definately look forward to it again. Perhaps next will be a whale watching excursion.. Totally great time..

Visited July 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Amazing Sunset Cruise”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Where do I begin?!?! Sail San Diego is amazing!! I scheduled the sunset cruise for my actual birthday which was a Monday night, August 26th. I liked the fact that there was going to be no more than 6 people. We arrived and found out that it was only going to be the two of us. For $170, we had the whole boat to ourselves. They didn't cancel when it wasn't a full boat. They even had a special Happy Birthday sign on the boat! Greg was so amazing. He gave us lots of info about the area. The love seat on the bow (bean bag) was perfect to watch the sunset. With snacks and beverages (wine and beer too!), it was the perfect ending to my birthday and our trip. It was the highlight of an amazing trip. It is a must!!!

Encinitas, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Girlfriend Sailing Getaway!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a FANTASTIC treasure in San Diego. My girlfriends and I wanted a fun local getaway, and after doing some research, I came upon Sail San Diego. There were 7 of us and we had the gorgeous 40ft sailboat to ourselves. The boat was equipped with everything we needed--from blankets to snacks and beverages. We brought our own sandwiches and had an amazing picnic with wine and snacks. Our only complaint was that 3 hours wasn't long enough! We would definitely sail longer the next time! We have already begun planning a couples sail next! Thanks Sail San Diego for a fantastic, reasonably priced experience!

1 Thank Megan B
“Great company outing!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We took a late afternoon sailing trip around San Diego harbor for a company team building experience. Excellent afternoon with lots to see. Captain was very knowledgable of the sites. We saw a submarine going to sea, two aircraft carriers in port and a great view of the city at dusk. Highly recommended!

Launceston, Australia
“This lifelong sailor says that this is the best sail tour..full stop!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am not going to toot my own horn, but I've sailed since age 5, solo since age 6. Raced since age 7. Have sailed in every ocean and see across the globe. (Just setting the stage...)

We have sailed with Sail San Diego three times and just scheduled our fourth tour. I've sailed the harbor as captain several times; both solo and with my family. As a guy who hates to cough up the tiller, I have to admit that Sail San Diego's skippers are excellent, and also have great knowledge of the area's history and geography. So this is the only place in the world where I prefer letting someone else take the wheel.

Snacks are excellent, beverages even better! Equipment is top notch (and I am a screaming snob about this!) Captains are the best. Reservations folks are friendly.

Not sure what else I can say to convince you that these folks have wonderful offering. I literally cannot think of one thing they could do better!

Visited July 2013