“A Complete Disapointment”

Add it.
Maria Maria
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phone 619-574-6800 They also have Facebook page.
“A Complete Disapointment”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had dinner with 3 other couples and were completely disappointmed with the service, prices and the food. The menu descriptions were great but the chef must have not read them when making the dishes. All 8 things that were ordered were tastless. How is that possible with Mexican food?

The prices were high and given the poor quality way out of line. The service was not much better. Aside from being slow the food took forever to come out and our waiter and waitress acted like they were doing us a favor by being there.

The Italian Restaurant that was in this location before Maria Maria moved in went down hill the last 6 months they were open and it looks like Maria Maria just picked up where they left off.

Visited November 2011

Oxford, Massachusetts
“Just Average”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I expected a little more from this place. Staff was indifferent and food was just O.K.

Visited March 2012
Manassas, Virginia
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

This was actually my third tip to Maria Maria. The first two were very nice but this one erased the positive memories of the first two.

My mother was just flew into town and we decided to treat her to lunch as she was a might peckish from her travels. Given our previous experience I thought Maria Maria would have been the perfectc choice. Wow, was I ever mistaken.

We darkened the door just after the lunch crowd left so we were happy with our timing. The server was warm and friendly but our food took entirely to long come. My wife and I went with the soft tacos with me ordering the fish and her choosing the steak. Being there were two each we of course exchanged one. The steak in the taco was so tough that I had to remove it, cut it with a knife and return it to its shell.

As bas as the food was that was not the worst of the experience. As we were concluding our meal, our ears were assaulted by a quite loud argument between to employees. Following, the apparent loser of the argument treated us to a rant of profanity that I have only heard the likes of during an rocket attack in Iraq.

While this restaurant had a great start they seem to have gone the way of relying on their "trendiness" to keep their clientele. How sad. We will not be back.

See you on the trail.
John Eric

• Visited February 2012
San Diego, California
“Loved the food, atmosphere, and music!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Food is great, although I wouldn't have minded a larger variety of their specialty entrees. We ordered the braised ribs with blackberry mole and pine nuts, and they were excellent. The meat was juicy and very flavorful! We only had to wait about 20 minutes before being seated at an obviously popular dinner hour. When the band started playing I didn't want to leave. The front door says you will "leave dancing", and that is certainly true. This is a Mexican restaurant, but there is nothing about it that is traditional Mexican (except parts of the menu). The decor is modern and trendy, warm and comfortable. I will definitely return...for the music as well as the food!

• Visited February 2012
San Diego, California
“Weird Mexican Food-Great L:ive Music!”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Maria Maria has an inflated view of their image. For some reason they have a pretentious attitude that they are serving "inspired Mexican cuisine." But their food is just average and kind of weird. Over-salted and over priced. The best thing about this place is the live music in the bar. Just great!

Visited January 2012