“I can't wait to do it again.”

La Jolla Wine Tours San Diego Beer and Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 105 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: La Jolla Wine Tours / San Diego Beer and Wine Tours offer unique, green, fun tours throughout San Diego County. Sample the best of San Diego's beer, wine and food while relaxing on the train, strolling by foot, or being chauffeur driven. Offerings:Beer and Winery Train Tours; Walking Tours; Brewery and Winery Chauffeured Tours; Wine and Beer Tasting Parties; Grape Stomp Fun; Vineyard Adventures and Holiday Events. Ideal for: Singles, groups, couples, bachelor(ette), birthday, corporate celebrations, everyone! Tours are available daily, year round. Transportation options are available for all events. With the help of our expert guides you’ll have an inside track to San Diego’s best beer, wine and food!
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I did this for my 27th birthday and we had a blast. So much beer and so much food. Who doesn't like all that? Our tour guide was awesome. She was so much fun!

2  Thank mimisparks

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited three wineries in the San Diego area with San Diego Beer and Wine Tours. The day was sunny and clear and the temperature was in the mid-sixties. We had a very informative and outgoing guide who drove us in a fourteen passenger bus. We had a congenial group from all over the world who all loved wine and with whom, by the end of the trip, we were laughing and joking all the way back into the city. The wineries were all quite different (a traditional winery with antique equipment, an upscale boutique winery and a family winery in the hills where we had wood oven pizza). The wines were very good and had great variety and the tasting guides gave us a lot of information (in one case the owner was our tasting guide). This was one of the best tours we took on our travels this winter, and I would highly recommend it.

2  Thank Janet C
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had a terrible experience with them. Don't trust these people. I had bought a tour (beer tour). She called us 72 hours prior to tell us the tour was cancelled. She proposed (Shira) us another tour. I said to her to send me the information by email because I could'not understand her properly. What she agreed and did.
Once I received the information, I called her to tell her I can not participate because I'll be flying back home.
She told me SHE WILL REFUND me.
Now, I am back. I am watching my paypal account and she did not. I send her a email. What she told me, when she had sent me the email that is because i had agree the change.
DO NOT TRUST THEM!

3  Thank mhbou
sandiegobeerwine, Owner at La Jolla Wine Tours San Diego Beer and Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

There was quite a misunderstanding here. I expect it was the language barrier. We're really sorry that you did not receive our notification of full refund which we processed right away once we understood your needs. It is our goal to bring joy to our guests and make sure they have a great experience with our company. If, for some chance, you are still not seeing the full refund we processed for you, please feel free to contact me on my direct line: Shira: 858-551-5115.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We recently visited San Diego from the UK and in addition to whale watching/harbour cruises looked for something else ' different' and chanced upon La Jolla wine tours. I must admit wasnt expecting a commuter train but it didn't deter from having a fantastic afternoon.Darren was a great guide and did enough to keep the interest in the wine fun and informative rather than a lecture.it has been stated on other reviews what happens,meet in Carlsbad, lunch & 4 wineries ending in old town and as you would expect we were all a lot friendlier at the end... Lots of wine, lots of fun, great scenery(from train) and we also met some great people from the US...
Would highly recommend

3  Thank RichH851
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I took the "Love Train" tour and it was fantastic. The wine and food were delicious and our guide Darren was awesome at making the whole experience very entertaining. It is a great date idea as my GF absolutely loved it, and at the end of the night we both got pretty buzzed (my girl got hammered). I will definitely do it again.

5  Thank C_LoSanDiego