“Best thing we did the WHOLE TRIP!”

La Jolla Wine Tours San Diego Beer and Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 91 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: La Jolla Wine Tours / San Diego Beer and Wine Tours offer unique, green, fun tours throughout San Diego County. Sample the best of San Diego's beer, wine and food while relaxing on the train, strolling by foot, or being chauffeur driven. Offerings:Beer and Winery Train Tours; Walking Tours; Brewery and Winery Chauffeured Tours; Wine and Beer Tasting Parties; Grape Stomp Fun; Vineyard Adventures and Holiday Events. Ideal for: Singles, groups, couples, bachelor(ette), birthday, corporate celebrations, everyone! Tours are available daily, year round. Transportation options are available for all events. With the help of our expert guides you’ll have an inside track to San Diego’s best beer, wine and food!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best thing we did the WHOLE TRIP!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

My two gal friends and I took the Coaster Wine Tour on a recent girls trip to San Diego. It was a blast and is an excursion you HAVE to do while in SD! It was, by far, one of our favorite parts of the trip! We stayed in downtown SD and took the trolley to the Old Town cross over station. Here we hopped on the coaster train and took it up to Carlsbad where we met the group. A pretty easy trip- considering we don't use public transportation much where we live. Lunch was delish (Italian restaurant) and just enough. At lunch we were taught HOW to taste and things to look for. Very educational! I had a very light early lunch, so eating at 2pm was just fine. You will enjoy a LOT of tastings- 18 on our trip! So, it wouldn't hurt to bring a small snack with you. Marti, our guide was just delightful.

2 Thank jdupla8

Northglenn, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to spend the day sight seeing and sipping wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

It was a great team building event, with a very casual fun filled day. Enjoyed tasting the different wines, along with the one stop where we tried different olive oils. I would have liked lunch to be a full lunch instead of a lite lunch, because our team came from work to the event, and didn't have a chance to eat. The restaurant was very good....loved the ravioli! Our guide was awesome, very knowledgeable and accommodating. She was thrown a curve ball when the Coaster train broke down, but had everything under control, and kept us on track, with a little brisk walk to our second stop. Everyone on my team enjoyed the day, and said they would do the tour again. Thank you, Sally

2 Thank Sally B
Stockbridge, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We had a winetastic time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

My sister and I did the walking wine tour with tour guide Marty. She was very informative and knowledgeable about the city of La Jolla, and also the different wines. Marty made us feel relaxed with her very down to earth approach. I particularly loved the food and wine choices. Originally we were interested in the train tour and was a little disappointed we were unable to schedule due to no week end schedule, but we soon dismissed our disappointment after participating in the walking tour. I look foward to attending the tour the very next time I visit California. Keep up the good work, and I wish you much success!!! Hi Marty :-) !

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Patricia M
Tyler, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Indredible Afternoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

This is one of the most enjoyable wine tours I've been on. Marti was alot of fun, the food was wonderful, and the wine was great. We are going to see if we can get some friends to join us to do it again!

Victoria, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

The tour provided not only a great sampling of local wines, but a fabulous way to see the towns north os San Diego. The tour guide was very knowledgable about wines, friendly and made sure teh day was fun filled. We really felt we got our monies worth!