“Pleasant dining experience”

Bencotto Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Bencotto Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 4,726 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: India Street/Kettner Blvd.
Fredericton, Canada
“Pleasant dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We were recently in San Diego before going on a cruise. We had discovered Little Italy the night before, and had been very impressed by Trattoria Fantastica. We thought we would try a different restaurant. the next night and found Bencotto. It is more modern, with smaller tables, is a bit noisier and the ambience is not quite the same. However, the menu had a wide range of choices, and a nice wine list. The food and service were good, especially the salad and the home made pasta. I would have appreciated a little more room and a larger table.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank CFofLL

“Food was good - avoid the signature drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

It's in a great location, lots of other restaurants and shops around. The menu is a bit hard to read. I think they went a bit over the top with Italian phasing.

Overall the food was pretty good. It did not strike me as being amazing like other Italian restaurants have. Salad and Soup were basic. Main dish had good flavor. The bread was fresh and the basaltic vinegar was fantastic. The signature drinks were not good. My wife tried the lemon cake and another tropical one. She did not care for either of them.

Overall I would go back. Stick to the wine and you will have a good experience.

oklahoma
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

The osso Buco rocked. Their homemade pasta with spicy sausage tomato sauce was amazing. And their in-house prosciutto was absolutely to-die -for.
Wow.
Coming back here. Highly recommend!!

Phoenix, AZ
“Very Italian...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I went to Bencotto to celebrate his birthday. We liked the high energy of the place. We had a great table on the second level. I had told the gal who took our reservation that it was my husband's birthday. When we arrived the hostess and then the waitress wished him a happy birthday (nice touch).
Our waitress was from Italy and this thrilled my husband since he is Italian. The food was great. I had the lamb shank osso bucco and my husband had the pumpkin tortelli. The portions were a bit too much for us but we took the leftovers home. It was the best meal we have had in Little Italy.
Make a reservation its very busy!

• Visited January 2014
wisconsin
“Fresh pasta and limoncello”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Loved this restaurant - it really lives up to its hype. We shared a salad, an appetizer and an entree - the perfect amount of food, all delicious. Service was great, too.

Visited January 2014