“Ok. Good meal and service.”

Bencotto Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Bencotto Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 4,765 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: India Street/Kettner Blvd.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Ok. Good meal and service.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

It is right in the heart of Little Italy. Ok meal I had the meat sauce( like Bolognese) with pasta and my wife had puff pesto pasta( like ravioli) It was good. I had a glass of red wine. Nice setting.

Portland, Oregon
“Classy, Glass & Stainless Steel Interior, Long Bar, Long Menu, Long Wait, Premium Service”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Beautiful inside and out; walls of windows; heated outdoor seating; long bar.

Beautiful food: a long menu of playful creations, including interesting small plates, which I never got beyond. I ordered the Tortino Di Cavoletti - which was surprisingly small - but rich, delicate; interesting walnut sauce. I ordered a cesare salad which was nothing special.

Big wine menu. The barman recommended the Rosso Di Montalcino. Wow, what a wine! Rich, deep, big, interesting. Try it. Also a number of specialty cocktails, but I didn't try them.

I sat at the bar and was very well attended to, but I can't speak for elsewhere in the restaurant.

I happened to squeeze in early without a wait. But, OMG, the line of people waiting to take my seat when I left was breathtaking.

Vancouver
“Very fresh pasta”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Very busy on a Saturday night until relatively late. May be a good idea to make reservations?

Ink squid pasta with shrimp was excellent, although it came to me a bit cold. Taste was great. There were so many choices, I'm sad I only have one dinner at this restaurant until I return to San Diego again

Paired it with the XYZin Zinfandel and it was delicious

Food came out very quickly. But I'm puzzled why the dish came to the table so cold, if it came out from the kitchen so quickly

Complimentary bread was delicious! Best I've tasted in San Diego so far

Rome, Italy
“It's ok...”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Went for dinner with a couple of friends. We had pizza margherita. The pizza crust was good and not chewy, but the cheese was a little hard. My friend had the spaghetti aglio ed olio, which don't look at all like the real aglio & olio from Italy. They were a big blog of spaghetti and messy sauce with a spicy pepper on top, weird and not that good. Then we had the grilled vegetables, ok but "boring".
Overall, I think we'll try another place next time.
Service was nice and quick even on a busy Saturday evening.

San Diego, California
“Fresh hand made pasta”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

If you are looking for fresh pasta in San Diego then Bencotto is the place. Chefs pain painstakingly create pasta from scratch 14 hours a day here and you can taste it with every bite. Their menu allows diners to choose from a list of pastas and sauces so that you can create your dream pasta dish. Bring a date and enjoy the comfort of fresh Italian cuisine.