“Wonderful dinner”

Bencotto Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Bencotto Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 4,959 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: India Street/Kettner Blvd.
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Went here with my bf, we had olives, caprese salad, tagliatelle with meatballs in arrabiatta, and penne with the summer (sundried tomato) sauce. Everything was delicious and the service was friendly and quick (but didn't rush us). There's also a great wine selection. It's a bit more expensive than average but totally worth it for a nice night out.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

WE were referred by some fellows, Mark & Steven from La jolla to this place. And believe me from the moment we arrived. we knew it was right for us. The hostesses explained seating the menue, and got us a table outside immediately without a reservation on a warm Friday evening.
One had explained a declicious lamp dish and I ordered it and it was wonderful. The chef came out and checked to see if I wanted gutton free pasta, and when I said yes, immediately produced gutton free pasta. Everyone and everything was wonderful and I could really eat here as often as possible. Love it

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Arrived for an early dinner on a Thursday. No reservation. Immediate seating. Great service. Excellent food- we shared a variety of the pasta dinners. No complaints.

1  Thank smithohm
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The entire visit was perfect, from the food to service. I made reservations online one hour in advance and was very much surprised when arriving that the host knew my name and had the table waiting, that's service. The pomegranate martini was the best I've had - not too tart or sweet. However, one of the main attractions for me was that the pasta is homemade - the meals had by all were just wonderful. What I liked especially was that even though the restaurant was very busy and on the smaller side, at no time did I feel we were rushed to finish our meal. I do recommend leaving early in order to find a parking space, that was the only challenge of the evening.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I went to lunch with a friend and asked the waitress for her recommendations and what she thought the best dishes were. She surprised me by not only pointing out some good choices but also stating her favorite and then going on to explain how each dish was prepared.

I am a chef and often find the "front of the house" even at good restaurants is not well trained and does not the menu as well as they ought to so this was indeed a pleasant change.

I had fresh pasta with braised shredded lamb. My friend had the leg of lamb. Both dishes were excellent. My pasta is made in the house and the shredded lamb had a mild but very deep flavor indicating they braised it for a good long time. MY friend said his leg of lamb was "falling off the bone tender."

For dessert I had Crème Caramel and my friend had the Tiramisu. Both were good although I prefer Crème Caramel's cousin from Spain Flan.

The service is excellent without being obtrusive and as I mentioned above, the wait staff is knowledgeable and prompt.

The prices are in the $18 to $25 range for main dishes so this is not a cheap place to eat. Between the two of us the bill ran to $65. For a "casual lunch" this is probably more than I would normally spend but the food was great.