“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bencotto Italian Kitchen

Bencotto Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Bencotto Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 4,541 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: India Street/Kettner Blvd.
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was our second visit to Bencotto. I have to say it was well worth the visit. Our reservation was confirmed by Open Table @6:30pm. Seated upstairs table for two. I'm telling you that you don't have to travel to Italy or NYC for a very nice meal. We have everything right here in San Diego. We started out with drinks then prosciutto,Riso Fritto,salad,soup,plate of melanzane,pappardelle with Bencotto gravy. If I didn't like it the first time I would not have gone back for a second time. I will be back for a third time.

• Visited July 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It is not as good as the first time I had dinner there.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The first time I went there the food was outstanding, beyond my expectations.Before I returned there a few months later, I could learn in San Diego newspapers about Bencotto Chef awards and succes and for those reasons I suggested my friends make a reservation there for our ladies dinner no children it was dissapointing because, first despite of having a reservation for a party of ten we had to wait almost an hour to be seated, then we waited a lot of time to order the food, just our waitress ignored us for almost 20 min. and finally the food was good but not as good as the last time I got there. I think I ate an average italian food, not the excellent italian meal that I had the oportunity to eat almos a year ago.

Apologize for my English, it is not my first language.

• 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank maria q
“Lunch in Little Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Living in San Diego, I tend to avoid the touristy areas and restaurants but this one is well worth visiting. It offers excellent northern Italian cuisine, great service, we could discuss business without intrusion by servers or noises, just perfect. The dish, recommend by the server, was outstanding, I am sure to go back and refer others.
Parking is always a problem in this area, so go before the lunch or dinner crowd.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Celebrated my son's 26th Birthday at Bencotto. I had the crab ravioli-delicious! Everything from appetizers to dessert was tasty. Service was great as well. Parking is tricky, but worth driving around for. I would also suggest making a reservation.

Richardson, Texas
“Truly Italian experience with wonderful pasta selections”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This restaurant is located in the heart of the Little Italy area of San Diego, just a few blocks off of the downtown itself and about five to ten blocks from the waterfront. It is three trolley stops from convention center and the large hotels located there. The restaurant itself has a nice selection of authentic Italian dishes, great pasta and can nicely handle a group of 30-40 folks in an upstairs balcony area.

• 4 of 5 stars