“A must try!”

Bencotto Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Bencotto Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 4,765 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: India Street/Kettner Blvd.
Winnipeg, Canada
“A must try!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Food at Bencotto was excellent! Being Italian I have very high standards when it comes to Italian food, the food at Bencotto was just as good or better then home cooking. A must try is the Zucchini soup it was delicious. Many pasta's and sauces to choose from. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Try this place, it will not disappoint!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Pegger77

Kansas City, Missouri
“Phenomenal modern Italian”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Bencotto has the whole package. Tasty, innovative cuisine (think squid ink gnocchi), fast and friendly service, and a pleasantly lively atmosphere. I loved seeing the servers hustle around all night and every course arrived with shocking speed. In the time it could have taken our server to enter the order, our appetizer and salad had already arrived.

Skip Bencotto if you're looking for standard Italian fare or a quiet, intimate dinner.

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Good location, tasty food, make a reservation”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

great Italian food. Loved the meat plate. The puff pastries were a bit too greasy and not light enough for my liking. Meal came with pretty good crusty bread and great olive oil and balsamic. The pastrami in meat plate was ok, the spicy salamis were really great. I had the seafood soup thing (can't remember what its called!). I really enjoyed it. There was a ton of fish unlike most places were its just broth. Lots of great seafood. Ambience wasn't that great, kinda loud and the roof is just concrete.

It was crazy busy. I hear the maitre d tell a couple guys it would be a 45 minute wait as a walk in. Make a reservation!

Would eat there again.

• Visited August 2012
Saint Bonifcaius, MN
“A treat of a lunch”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stopped for a late lunch after a tour of the Midway midweek. Little Italy was pretty quiet and we found parking very close to the restaurant. We had a teen and preteen with us who wondered if the place was too nice for them. Our server though, put them right at ease without any pretension. The four of us split a large caesar which was light, lemony , cold and not overly dressed. My teenage son loved the huge portion of lasagna which was light as a cloud with pasta layers that melted into the bechamel and tomato sauces. My daughter chose her pasta and her sauce and as was my homemade pasta, both were cooked perfectly al dente. Overall, a delicious meal.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank GinaBSaintBonifcaius
Sacramento, California
“Conflicted...but satisfied”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Okay, I've eaten in a lot of San Francisco Italian restaraunts so I'm no push-over. A rather disappointing wine list, if I'd known I'd have brought my own bottle. The food was good especially the stuffed squash blossom, the pasta was good not the best or the most authentic I've ever had but tasty. The service was excellant attentive and helpful definately the thing that would bring me back.

Visited August 2012