“VERY well done”

Mormon Battalion Historic Site
Ranked #18 of 442 things to do in San Diego
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Having read previous TripAdvisor reviews, I went in armed to defend myself from a full-on Mormon recruitment campaign. No such thing happened. The religious slant is felt but very, very soft. And overall, this experience is extremely well done- my children and I LOVED it. Very clever use of new technology, lots of hands-on experiences to make history come alive. A free photo and the kids get a chance to pan for gold, pump water, dress up, etc. After having gotten nickle-and-dimed at every other attraction in SD, it was a relief to come here, get educated and have fun, without anybody reaching for your wallet. A *little* Mormon propoganda, yes, but well worth the experience.

2  Thank trappedinfrance
There are newer reviews for Mormon Battalion Historic Site

Reviewed March 17, 2014

After I read some of the negative reviews I was hesitant to visit because most of them stated that it seemed more like a recruiting tool for the Mormon religion. That was not the case at all and I am glad I went. We'll worth the 45 minute free tour and photo. Great Mormon history lesson on battalion that ended settling in San Diego in the mid 19th century. I am not Mormon but I really recommend the kid friendly, technologically current museum and recommend if you enjoy history.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have never experienced anything like this before, can't tell you too much as I will spoil your experience. We were awed by it all. There is something special when the tour is finished. The tour is hand on, it was awesome

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great for history buffs...very interesting how the Mormons helped to build San Diego into what it now is today. It's also fun for the kids to dress up as a soldier and learn to pan for gold.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I visited this "historic" site on a quick trip to San Diego. Basically, it was 35 minutes of unentertaining propaganda. I'm really not sure why this place has such high reviews. I do not recommend for 99.9% of people out there.

9  Thank faithc