“Hidden Gem in P.B.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Beautiful food served by friendly, knowledgeable staff. Dishes were wonderrful, from apparently autheentic Old World recipes. Sauces were outstanding! Definitely a place that cries out for a quick return visit.

1  Thank Paul W

Reviewed May 12, 2013

What an incredible meal! The burrata is absolutely amazing ... Flavorful, fresh, delicious. The sea bass special was divine. The veal was so tender and tasty and the special spicy sausage fettuccine amazing! Then came dessert ... Outstanding! What really made the night was our waiter, Hugo, though. He was so knowledgeable, friendly and fun. We will be back!!

1  Thank DF2011_1
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was recommended to this local PB restaurant. My first visit I sat in the covered area with a patio heater. It was a chilly night but we were warm throughout. Our server was very efficient, helpful and fun. We all loved our meals - the spaghetti and meatballs were really good and the Burrata starters were outstanding. We didn't get around to desserts but they looked good.

A few days later I returned with a couple of real foodie fans. I ordered pork chops but the portion was far too generous and I didn't enjoy the smoky sauce, but was assured by the foodies that they, along with the other dishes, were excellent. The check this time was steep but the foodies ordered the most expensive red on the list so i'm not surprised. Again our server was great.

I'm looking forward to another visit. One of the nicest locals I've been to, perhaps the best.

TIP: Mon thru Thurs you can take your own wine with no corkage charge, a great moneysaver.

2  Thank LollypopSunshine
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Burrata blew me away for starter: Mozzarella balls with prociutto,balsamic glaze and fig jam on top Wow! Salmon with slightly sweet pasta was a blast too.Well crafted Canoli was great and you can tell everything made on the premises.Great service from our friendly,attentive but relaxed waiter. Coming back here again for sure.

1  Thank Stephen E
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We just started our vacation in San Diego and ate here last night on the recommendation of our host. The food was great and the service was also exceptional. The chef stopped by at least twice to check on us, and discussed a little Italian culture with my sons who had been learning about Italy at school. We found out from a neighbor that Monday night is BYO wine with no corking fee so we took advantage of that as well. We usually never eat at the same place twice on vacation as we like to try new restaurants but we may have to make an exception for this place.

1  Thank KristDF