“Putting a big smile on my young daughter's face - priceless”

Segway of Pacific Beach
Ranked #45 of 260 Tours in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Segway tours and rentals of the Segway Personal Transporter from our store in Pacific Beach. We are open 7 days per week.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lansing, Michigan
“Putting a big smile on my young daughter's face - priceless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family had wanted to ride Segways for a very long time and we tried to in many different cities that we vacationed to but my daughter was never old enough to do so. We were very pleased to find out that Segway of Pacific Beach would finally give us that opportunity as our daughter is only 12 years old. After a training session with Chris where we "passed" on all of the maneuvers we would need on our tour, we would be on our way for the Mission Bay tour (I would highly recommend this tour due to the beauty and sights seen along the way). My wife admittedly was nervous about riding a Segway for the first time but found out that with the excellent training that Chris provided us she felt confident she could do it. After about 15 minutes and getting more comfortable with how the Segways respond to you, we took off the regulators for speed and then we truly experienced what these machines can do. They are a true joy to ride and respond easily to your guidance. A true good time for the whole family. In addition to enjoying how these ride, Chris provided us with insightful and humorous narrative via headphones about the sights and places we saw along the way during our tour which made it even more memorable. I am sure there are many places to choose from for Segways in San Diego, but if you do not make this shop your choice then you will be missing out on a great time. Great experience Chris!! Thank you for being a great host.

Visited June 2013

Ventura, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Father's day tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My oldest son is stationed in San Ego and we planned to bike around Mission Bay. Saw brochure at PX and decided to go Segwaying instead. Had a great time! We went all over the bays there for two hours. First time on Segway. Wife is "balance" challenged and would have had a harder time on a bike. Did great on Segway no problems...go figure. Highly recommend Segway of Pacific Beach. Unique, safe and fun!

Youngest son shot great videos for YouTube/Facebook but has not edited them as of now so no pictures :(

Visited June 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I didn't know what all the fuss was about with the Segways. I personally never thought I would try it. That's until I met Chris at Segway of PB. He was so patient during our brief training session. He was serious in making sure we had it down before we went out to the beach, but at the same time made us laugh. I was reassured and ready to hit the streets with my friend. If you haven't tried this out, make sure to go to Segway of Pacific Beach. Even an hour rental takes you far to explore. All the staff are great and I would have to rate my experience as 5+.

Cavendish, Vermont
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“An Experience to Remember!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Ok to start off with I was to say the least very nervous, but I have to say they do put your mind at ease and they have you go through a little mandatory training with Chris before actually going out on your tour. We toured Mission Bay with Elle she was wonderful pointing out different areas of interest and just cruising a very beautiful area. I would recommend this tour to anyone with a sense of adventure and to see San Diego truly in a different way.

McLaren Vale, South Australia, Australia
“An event to remember.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Travel is about the journey, not the destination, and hiring a Segway from Chris to tour Mission Beach was a singular defining event within our journey. After Chris completed the mandatory and entertaining safety training session we headed out on a fine and sunny afternoon to cruise the pathways of Mission Beach. Elle was assigned as our tour guide, and once we were comfortable on the Segways, led us on an extensive and exhilarating ride along the beach front and around the Bay area. Being complete novices to Segways we held back at first, but rapidly developed in confidence and started using these amazing machines to full purpose. Thoroughly recommend this activity to any travelling through San Diego, or those residents who truly need to see a different perspective of the place in which they live. Cost was far better than other places we had researched for a Segway tour, and both Elle and Chris were warm and friendly people who truly made this day memorable.

Visited May 2013

Been to Segway of Pacific Beach? Share your experiences!