“I never knew crumpets were sooooo good!”
Review of Mad Dog Cafe

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“I never knew crumpets were sooooo good!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I happened upon Mad Dog Cafe while I was strolling along the boardwalk at Pacific Beach looking for a place to eat a light brunch. The mural on the side of the building drew me in as I was curious to find out exactly what a crumpet was. The welcoming woman behind the counter with a delicious British accent described crumpets as a cross between and english muffin and a pancake. A very accurate description as I found out for myself. She guided me in selecting a savory dish and I sat outside at a table awaiting the meal and soaking up the lovely sunshine. The crumpet was a new experience but delicious, moist, warm and filled with sausage, egg, cheese. I ordered an iced peach tea that was freshly brewed just for me and dove into my brunch with relish and delight. It was such a wonderful and delicious experience. I can't wait to go back there next time I'm in Pacific Beach. YUM!

• Visited February 2013

“Not your average hotdog place.”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Very unique place by the beach. I went in looking for hotdogs... and they had Madogs, which were way better. Plus they have many European munchies like crumpets. Free WIFI. The staff were friendly and helped me out with showing me local attractions.

• Visited May 2012
“Cafe with charm.”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Found this by accident and am so happy we did. Great coffee, banana nut bread and bars. They serve breakfast and lunch but didn't partake even though it look and smelled delicious. Homemade scones and a variety of gelato. Friendly staff. Close to the boardwalk.

Valley Mills, Texas
“Great food. Delightful people. Free wifi.”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This is a cool little cafe with great food. Their smoothies are huge and a meal in themselves. Also they have a yummy acai bowl with 3 layers.... Smoothie, granola and fresh fruit on top. Next time I visit pacific beach I want to try their hot dogs( they have 10 or so different sausages to chose from) and hand cut made to order potato chips. They looked wonderful. Another perk is thr they have free wifi and are very friendly!

UK
“Great food, friendly staff”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The best OJ I have ever tasted (freshly squeezed organic) and great food. Ever better, they had back bacon. Staff really friendly, good value for money - what more do you want. Highly recommended

• Visited December 2011