“Nice surprise”

OR
Order Online
Ranked #786 of 5,804 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We happened to come in here after walking around Little Italy and we are glad we did. To start we had the fish cakes. They were different from any other fish cakes we have had but were delicious with the tomato sauce, capers, and olives. We both had pizzas, which were better than any other we tried in LI. Really recommend it here for dinner.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (71)

Reviewed December 31, 2019

My dinner companion is gluten-sensitive and had chosen the restaurant because she liked their optional, gluten-free pizza crust. We started dinner with the fantastic, grilled octopus. We received a large portion of octopus that had a nice crispy char. The flavor and texture were perfect.

We then had the nightly special pizza with a gluten-free crust. I have to say that the gluten-free crust was very good and I wouldn’t have guessed it was not their standard crust. If the gluten-free was this good, I would really like to return and try their normal crust.

The restaurant also offers some creative cocktails. I had "The Smoking Gun." This was a chili-infused Mezcal cocktail with Tajin spice on the rim and garnished with a blistered chili.

Good food. Creative drinks. Good service. Relaxed atmosphere.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 30, 2019

We stopped in for brunch on our first day here and the food was delicious. They were definitely very busy and most likely understaffed but every staff member made sure to fill in the gaps which we definitely appreciated! The decor and atmosphere were very Californian and definitely made the experience more enjoyable. The food was also very good,I would recommend the Eggs Benedict for the brunch menu! Also the pineapple juice for mimosas was surprisingly good!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 27, 2019

While the service was acceptable and food was good, when I received the bill I was amazed. I was charged for a full bottle of wine when I had a glass. They did agree to fix the bill, but, getting a revised billed that was accurate, got so frustrating that we had to leave our table, go to the front of the restaurant and settle the bill.

The food was good and this is a favorite of local friends, so we may return.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2019

I had a bow with wonderful, beans and greens with eye catching toppings. Delicious and it was cool enough to have a nice cup of tea also. I would eat there again!

Date of visit: December 2019