“Thrilling!”

Nashua, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Thrilling!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We used Surfari Surf School in Ormond Beach, Fl. I secretly signed my two teenage daughters for a private surf lesson. A surprise for my daughter turning 18. To my and their amazement within the first 1/2 hour they were flying high on their boards. Neither had ever surfed before. The closest was boogie boards when they were 5. It was raining but that did not stop them. They had the time of their life and impressed themselves doing something they didn't think was possible. Great job by Surfari Surf School. They were patient and encouraging to my girls. When in the Daytona Beach area surfing lessons is a must!!

Miami
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Surfari's private lessons are great! Phil is the best!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We came to Mission beach on a family vacation and surfing was one of the things my kids definately wanted to do. Being from South Florida, our surfing skills are nonexistent so we really needed someone who had the patience to teach a 9 year old and 11 year old. Phil had the patience and know how to make this experience one that we will remember for a lifetime. Both of my kids stood up and were able to catch some waves. The lessons were easy to understand, clear and very easy to follow. The equipment was good for the purpose of teaching and they had sizes to fit my rather thin and short son. We are so thankful to Phil! Definately will return if we are back in San Diego area!

San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Semi-private lesson option was great!”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

My friend and I took a semi-private lesson with Surfari at Mission Beach. Phil worked with the two of us, giving us tips and helping us get onboard. One advantage of a 2-person semi-private lesson is that you can take a breather while your friend tries surfing. :) At the same time you get a lot of attention and personal tips (so this is better than a larger group setting).
If you're thinking of trying surfing, Surfari is a great place to do it! They also allow you to keep the board for ~1 hour after the lesson. The rental fees are also great if you want to go back another time.

1 Thank xploremore1981
Winnipeg, Canada
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“If you want a fun and successful surfing experience, here's the place to go.”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We recently took surfing lessons in San Diego while on vacation - twice, and by chance we came across Surfari Surf School. We signed up for a small group session (first time with my two girls, ages 10 and 12, second time all three of us again, plus my wife). Phil was our instructor, and he was great! Our youngest was up by her second attempt (after some good dry-land training and stretching), and our oldest was up soon after. Even my wife and I enjoyed early success riding the board many times all the way to shore. Phil was great at tweaking our technique and making it a pleasurable experience. He was excellent as well with the girls. The equipment was good, the shop is very close to the water (especially important for younger children carrying boards to the shore), and we found the rates very reasonable. A great experience overall and we'd recommend it any time as a great family experience.

Visited October 2011
Twin Cities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Patient, Professional, Experienced Instructor”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My husband and I took our grandson to San Diego for his 10 year old birthday trip. He wanted to learn to surf so we took him to Surfari on Mission Beach. This was the best surf school for him that I could have chosen. We purchased two private morning surf sessions during the week we were in San Diego. The instructor we had was Dave. He was the very best. He was patient, professional, and very experienced. The surf school provides the surf board and wet suit. He had about a 20 minute lesson on the sand to begin and then they hit the water. Dave had our grandson standing on the board before the end of the first lesson. He loved it. After the 1 1/2 hour lesson he was allowed to keep the board and wet suit for another hour to practice each day. There was a canopy and chairs for us to watch him from. You just walk from the shop to the beach. A perfect location because for a surf lesson and terrific staff. I highly recommend Surfari Surf School.

Visited June 2011