Open today: 10:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from San Diego Seal Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews great tour sea lions seaport village water portion amphibious vehicle duck tour land and sea tour bus boat provide blankets navy training minute tour shelter island tour takes fun trip great fun great information highly recommend this tour
Reviewed 3 days ago

great experience loved every Minute of it along with our out of town visiters will be looking foward to the next time to ride the Splash

Reviewed 3 days ago

Great tour

I decided to do this on my own while waiting on my wife who was at a conference nearby.

I’m glad I did, it was great fun, the tour guide was a hoot, I can’t remember his name but he was an older gentleman with a full white beard and he certainly added to the tour.

It was very interesting with some of it on land and then into the water and back to land with the guide giving interesting commentary along the way.
We saw some sea lions and I generally had a great time.
I would say it takes around 90 minutes and I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Enjoyed the trip, the information and especially the water portion of the ride. So unique! Tour guide was entertaining and made it fun.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went on this tour on my 2nd day of my holiday and really did enjoy the tour . It felt very short but 90 mins do go past quick when your having so much fun . The only draw back is on the day I went . It was pretty windy and I had problems trying to catch my breath I asked the tour guide to slow down but he told me we have to drive at the speed limit . Maybe because I look very young but what happens if I was a older guy with breathing problems? I think this company need to address this problem by putting a plastic roof cover while on the road while traveling.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Hal and Diego were great as captain and narrator. Plenty of marine mammals/birds during the water portion and very informative land part. We had a drone flying all around us and unfortunately for it, it is now resting on the bottom of the bay as it dipped into the water and couldn't recover. Highlight of the cruise for some of the folks.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

An enjoyable 90 minute trip from Seaport village to Mission Bay park. Saw some sea lions and learned more about the history of San Diego.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

My fiance and I went on the SEAL tour and we loved it. Gorgeous scenery and a thrill to be on an open air bus that becomes a boat when it enters Mission Bay. Our Captain and the First Mate were friendly and knowledgeable and really enhanced the experience. If you are visiting San Diego, don't miss this attraction.

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

A totally new experience vehicle showing city attractions first on surface then on sea showing sea lions

Reviewed September 20, 2018

While staying in San Diego with my family I wanted to do something fun and out of the ordinary and when i came across the San Diego Seal Tours I thought that would work. It ended up being a neat experience for my 2 year old, she loved going from land to water! We were able to see plenty of seals and even lucky enough to see some training being conducted on the water by the US Navy mammal program (the tour guide said that usually doesn't happen). In addition to the great scenery the tour guide was very knowledgeable about the city and it's history which was nice for the adults on the tour. Overall it was a great experience. I actually traveled in September 2017 but completely forgot to leave my review.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

A fairly boring experience. The only wildlife we saw were lying on a pier in Mission Bay. I was hoping for history of the city and views of the city but there wasn't much of this. I'd say this was average at best.