“Lots of Great Surprises!”
Review of Upstart Crow

Upstart Crow
Ranked #22 of 117 Shopping in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: An amusing little bookstore filled with eclectic and charming curios, books, stationery, toys and San Diego-related literature.
Princeton
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Lots of Great Surprises!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Whenever we visit San Diego, we always stop at Upstart Crow to get their Chai Latte and to purchase greeting cards. They've got a fabulous selection of cards that always make us laugh. If you are looking for a unique gift or card, or just want a fun place to visit, stop by Upstart Crow in Seaport Village.

Visited July 2013

istanbul
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Indie style coffeeshop + store”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Love this establishment for its independant spirit and style. Here, everyone is kind and customer oriented. While there, I noticed the staff went to lengths to access materials high on shelves while assisting a patron in a wheelchair. Have been back here multiple times for coffee and nice reads. Their patio is extra lovely.

United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Just leave me here and I'll be happy...”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lovely unpretentious little bookstore / coffee shop that carries a wonderful range of both fiction & non-fiction titles, an amusing selection of the novel and the quirky (toys, novelties, postcards, ceramics, bags etc) and does a great line in delicious coffees (hot & cold) & cakes too.

It's always bright and welcoming and for me at least there's no better way to wind up a walk along the seafront and stroll around Seaport Village than to spend an hour or so quietly browsing amongst the shelves and stacks, and then sitting upstairs sipping something strong, hot and frothy and letting the world outside just get on with it.

Wonderful place. I love it.

Visited February 2012
Vancouver, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Feels like home”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I love reading books and I love local bookstore. Upstart Crow is one of the best places to spend time in my visit to Seaport Village. I was attracted by the fresh coffee brewing smell and decided to get one. They do make great coffee! They carry a variety of games, books and souvenirs. They also have a great selection of novels.

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice place to enjoy San Diego”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I like the mix of coffee and books at this place. I had just a few issues--first, the bagels tasted about a day old. Second, I'm sure they have had shoplifting issues but still, the sign telling us that we are on camera, and the TV monitor showing multiple views of the store, sort of takes away from the laid back Southern California vibe.

Visited November 2012