“Little Sister to PB”

and up
La Jolla & San Diego Beaches Tour
Ranked #33 of 451 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: Biking, jogging and skating on San Diego's scenic waterfront path is popular with tourists and locales alike.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Lots of parking, clean sand, and swelling sea.Boardwalk is vacation rental after vacation rental. For a more SD experience, move up to Pacific Beach and the warm waters and food vendors.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was staying with my friends on Capistrano Place, and everyday I would walk up the boardwalk and go shopping in some of the shops and eat at Los Panchos. They are a walk-up or dine-in little hole-in-the-wall place right on the corner of Mission Bay Drive and Mission Blvd. The shops are great and they have rides for the kids like the roller coaster or "the plunge". I loved it!

1  Thank lindyhopper63
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great boardwalk flanked by million-dollar homes on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other. Very "happenin'" on weekends, especially when it's warm. Lots of eateries along the way. I recommend World Famous and the Crab Shack.

2  Thank GlootsMan
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Take a run, walk or stroll along the boardwalk for a true So Cal experience! Make sure you take a ride on the Giant Dipper Roller Coaster for beautiful ocean views. Watch sand volleyball, grab an beverage and peolpe watch.

1  Thank SanDiegoHotel
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I rented bikes from a little place called cheap rentals amazing rate for a full day. Then we hit the board walk, we road until we were out of boardwalk then back tracked found a place to lock up the bikes (lock provided by rental place) and hit the beach for some water fun. This was a nice relaxing afternoon the weather was just right, we were a little to chicken to get in the water because of the chilled breeze. We were in a hotel out near the gaslamp district but found this area to be more our scene-- fun, relaxed and outdoors activities.

Clarification no fee for the boardwalk and beaches but a fee to rent bikes.

2  Thank Amy M