“Excellent!”

Fashion Valley Shopping Center
Ranked #41 of 451 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: San Diego's finest collection of stores in a beautiful outdoor shopping center featuring 200 stores and restaurants including an 18 screen movie theater. Five department stores include: Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Macy's, Bloomingdale's and JCPenney. Featured stores include: Ted Baker, Omega, Tiffany & Co., Louis Vuitton, Tory Burch, Coach, Juicy Couture, Hugo BOSS, Gucci, Henri Bendel and more. Restaurants include: The Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's China Bistro, California Pizza Kitchen, Stacked Well Built, Love Boat Sushi and twelve bistro cafes.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

You won't find many of these kind of malls across the US;
Open air, high and mid range stores and above all really well setup, clean and very very nice.

The mall is not that big, yet it has all you need; from LV, Rolex to Macy's. It is really a good shopping experience.

According to SD locals, this is your best pick for some good shopping.

It combines Southern California look and feel with Beverly Hills luxury.

Also all employees are polite and service orientated, from the Tmobile stand to the Rolex store.

My best shopping mall I have seen in Southern CA

Reviewed January 5, 2014

A fantastic way to experience the American Mall phenomenon. A little out-of-the-way but easily accessible by taxi. A phenomenal range of high quality shops of every type. Department stores from Bloomingdales to Neiman Marcus to Nordstrom to Macy's. High fashion from Hermes to Louis Vuitton. High Street shops including Sephora and Anthropologie. Easily a day trip, even without a visit to their cinemas.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We loved this outdoor mall. There were loads of stores, something for everyone, plus a food court and movie cinema. We ate here and there was a large variety of food to choose from. Got most of our Christmas shopping done here.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

On my recent visit to San Diego I did a little homework first and chose to go to Fashion Valley on Friars Lane. It was my first experience in this particular shopping mall.

At the time of going they had their sales on - which most stuff was discounted between 20-60%, which was great!! Needless to say I bagged quite a few bargains. Pity I couldn't shop more, but when you have weight limits on your baggage - you have to be careful what you purchase. But, alas, most of my bargains were clothes!

But I wish there had been no baggage limits as their household stuff was also with great discounts. Although I did purchase a couple of items for our bed :)

The Mall itself is partly outside and on the day I was there it was a beautiful sunny and warm day. The staff in all the shops I visited were very friendly and very helpful.

I would certainly recommend anyone wanting a great place to shop and to stop half way and have something to eat and drink.

I had a beautiful leisurely shopping experience :)

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I got to the mall when it opened at 10am. There is several different shops to go in. WE spent 3 1/2 hours there and had a great time. You can take a taxi to and from the mall, the taxi's are waiting to pick you up around the JC Penney area. There is several different places you can eat. Beautiful mall!