“Good Italian Fare in Liberty Station”
Review of Solare

Solare
Reserve with OpenTable
Solare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #250 of 4,765 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Roosevelt Road
Kailua, Hawaii
“Good Italian Fare in Liberty Station”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Solare is another quality restaurant in the Liberty Station district of San Diego. It is walking distance from hotels close by. The menu is a bit limited, but creative. We shared a number of dishes and all were quite tasty. We were well satisfied and likely to return. Francois was our server and he was excellent.

• Visited September 2013

“Good neighborhood Italian restaurant in historic liberty station of San Diego”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Recently ate lunch here for the first time. A Good variety of Italian food for women seeking organic salads for lunch, and men having panini ,pizza or pasta.

The room is spacious, with soft lighting , dark wood floors and tables. Pretty drapes and seat cushions reduce the noise.

I enjoyed my butternut squash soup, freshly baked bread, and organic Portofino salad with perfectly seared tuna.

Men, don't be discouraged. The men at the next table ordered a hearty meatball sandwich.

Service was good. The waiter even explained the menu items, and informed me that salads are organic. Also pastas, breads and desserts are house made and that gluten-free items are an option. I found it to be quite progressive!

• Visited October 2013
Albany, New York
“Actually "average" at best”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Atmosphere was actually pretty nice, and we love the historic section of Liberty Station. But I must say that the selections we'd made were average at best. I feel it was very overpriced and the waiter was one of the most unfriendly guys I've encountered. Given the other reviews, I chalk it up to just a bad night and a bad choice.

• Visited July 2013
Montrose, CA
“Great Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was our second visit and it was as good, if not better, than the first. We were a party of seven celebrating my son's birthday. Most of us ordered pasta, which is made on the premises and, speaking for my lasagna special, was delicious. We had several appetizers and an assortment of desserts and everything was excellent. The tiramisu, which was on the house for the birthday boy, was the best I've had. If you are staying in the Liberty Station area, I would highly recommend this gem. Friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service, great atmosphere in the comfortable dining rooms and memorable food at reasonable prices.

• Visited October 2013
“Great food and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

When we came in we already saw that this would be a nice experience. And it was. The food was GREAT and the waiter was very friendly. The atmosphere was perfect. Enough light to see you food but not too much. And another good thing about this restaurant!!!! NO TV SCREENS, YES!!!!!!! We definitly come back.

Visited September 2013