“Delicious!”

The Glass Door Restaurant
Ranked #318 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Bar, Mediterranean, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fir St.
Orlando, Florida
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I, along with some friends had dinner at the Glass Door when we stayed at the Porto Vista hotel in Little Italy. The wine here is amazing--I had riesling and it was probably the best I've ever had (and I drink a lot of wine!). Also, I ordered the spinach salad (without the goat cheese since I'm intolerant) and it was awesome and better than most vegan restaurants I've been to. I did try my friend's duck caesar salad and the duck was very salty; not sure why it was like this since the duck I've had in the past was never this salty. My husband also had the diver scallops, which were excellent!

On a side note, I think our server was a bit new; she tried to tell my husband that his polenta was made from potatoes (it's not--it's made from cornmeal), and then when the two men in our group ordered shots of Southern Comfort, she returned to the table to let them know they did not carry it, but they could make some for them (I didn't know there was a distillery on property, lol).

• Visited April 2013

Sylmar, California, United States
“Delicious and fresh.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Delicious and fresh cuisine. Interesting flavors blend beautifully with the wonderful ambiance. Looking out over the city, enjoy fresh local seafood prepared by skilled hands. A wonderful place for dinner and drinks.

Derick F, General Manager at The Glass Door Restaurant, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Anthony,

Thank you for your awesome review on Trip Advisor! These are the types of reviews that myself and my team get so excited about. I will definitely pass on the good news and we are excited to blow you away again when you return.

Dallas, Texas
“Amazing Staff! Great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I've spent the last week at the PV hotel and have eaten every breakfast and several lunches at the Glass Door. The food was very good, fresh. The serving staff was always very friendly and accommodating! I look forward to visiting again on my next trip!

Chris,
Thank you for your trip advisor review. These are the type of comments myself and the Glass Door team loves to hear. I will definitely pass along all the positive comments. Thanks again and we would be honored to see you on your next trip.

San Diego, California
“Gorgeous view, better food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

During 2-day stay at PV hotel, we only ate in this restaurant it was so good.
First night, enjoyed delish apps, best bread and parmesan in olive oil I ever had, big glasses of wine and a view of the parade of boats.
Breakfast next day was included. Supposed to be buffet, but much better in my opinion, it was cooked to order.....huge portions of eggs, sausage, and potatoes.
That night had the fries and squash apps....again, OUT OF THIS WORLD. Also had the gnocchi with pork, and it was fab too.
Would definitely recommend this place to friends, and we will be back. Service from Cassandra and Kayla was the best.

• Visited December 2012
Derick F, General Manager at The Glass Door Restaurant, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Jentsd,
Your review is exactly what we like to see here at the Glass Door! We pride ourselves on our locally sourced seasonal menu and great service, so it is nice to hear that our guests are enjoying them as well. I shared your compliments with Cassandra and Kayla and the Kitchen team who were so happy to hear them. We hope you'll be back to see us again soon!

Glass Door
San Diego, CA
“Empty restaurant - yet 20 minute wait?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have been here many times - but probably no more. We arrived around 10 AM for breakfast to find the restaurant almost empty - maybe 10 customers. We were told it would be at least a 15 to 20 minute wait! No explanation - and there were 6 customers on the wait list in front of us! I am just guessing that they were short on wait staff - yet there were at least 4 servers, maybe 5 at the time. We passed - went to another restaurant in Little Italy where they also had 5 servers - the place was almost full - and service was prompt as was the food.

Go figure...........Guessing new management is necessary.

• Visited September 2012