“Try this place”
Review of The Kebab Shop

The Kebab Shop
Ranked #846 of 4,749 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Tucson
“Try this place”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have come to love doner kebab, namely the lamb variety. This place does a great job, great customer service even with take out. They always offer a water cup while you wait for your order, nice touch! I am in this area on business travel, probably for months, and I go here about twice a week, the food is always good, though I have only tried the lamb doner. They have a location in Rancho Bernardo as well that I have had lunch at (again, lamb doner) and is was equally as good.

Very fresh, great customer service, highly recommend.

• Visited February 2014

San Diego, California
“I've had only 2 things on the menu”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A few years back friend of mine brought me a chicken doner with added saffron rice inside. It was one of the most incredible things I had tasted. Since then, I have been back about 50 times and have never ordered anything else besides a side of french fries which are also amazing. I'm sure there are plenty of great tasting things on the menu but I don't go often enough to want to try anything else. If you've never been, do yourself a favor and give it a shot. The staff is also very friendly and it is a nice atmosphere. However we usually don't eat there and get the food to take home or to one of our local outdoor events in Scripps Ranch.

• Visited November 2013
San Diego
“Great Greek Salad!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Got the Iskender plate, chicken kebab, and the Greek Salad. The salad and the dressing were the best! Iskender and Chicken were okay. I like the meat marinate used in Persian food more.

• Visited November 2012
San Diego, California
“The Kebab Shop”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was our first time at The Kebab Shop. Looking forward to going back very soon. Great food. The lamb doner is really good. Service was outstanding. They made you feel very much at home.

• Visited October 2012
Erie, Colorado
“Always a treat...”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I got the Lamb Doner with green lentil and walnut salad. Their service was very fast and the food was excellent. The portions were more than sufficient. They also have baklava, but I just couldn't squeeze it in this time around. I always try to make it a point to visit this restaurant whenever I'm in San Diego.

• Visited April 2012