“Experience of a lifetime”

Adventure R.I.B. Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience the thrill of whale watching up close on a fun, fast, 6 passenger RIB boat! Here at Adventure RIB Rides, we seat 6 people per boat so you are never fighting for that seat leaning over the rail like many larger boats. We are the only YEAR ROUND whale watching company! Our ocean excursion on the Authentic NAVY SEAL R.I.B. (Rigid Inflatable Boat) provides an adventure to remember as we race through the ocean finding all types of marine wildlife there is to be seen with captains whom are extremely experienced and passionate about marine life and the history of Sunny San Diego. Our boats are all authentic Navy Seal Team R.I.B.s purchased from Navy Seal Team 1 here in San Diego. Explore the marine life on some of San Diego's historic boats with us! For videos that explain more about the experience, check us out on Facebook!
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Out of all the many excursions we have taken on our Californian tour this was the best.
We had seen dolphins and whales at seaworld but nothing was as good as seeing them in their own habitat.
We had Clint as our captain and he was fantastic so knowledgable.
We were lucky enough to see 10 grey whales and 3 different types of dolphins plus sea lions.
We saw 6 whales swimming together being led by 2 dolphins and even saw a whale breaching (coming totally out of water).
We had dolphins swimming along with the boat at some points.
My almost teenage son was totally occupied for the whole trip without any need for electronic equipment ! The boat just added to the experience as it sat low in the water and was able to quickly respond to sightings of the whales.
We would totally recommend this to everyone.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

An Amazing experience. My kids and I LOVED it. The ride on the small rib boat is so much fun and we loved spotting and following the two grey whales. It's too bad we didn't spot any dolphins on our trip.

I had gone whale watching on large boats before and this experience is so much better!

Our captain, Captain Ray, was so nice and friendly and was a terrific guide.

Highly recommend you fit this adventure in your San Diego trip.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The thing about the RIB boat is that it is small, fast and stable: the experience is more intimate, you spend less time sailing to the whale and more watching them, you get closer to the animals, and... no see-sikness. For sure, it's more expensive, but really worth the money. We had a wonderful time.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We fully realize that there is no guarantee of seeing any whales when you go whale watching. We probably should have investigated this particular trip a little more closely, because there was really very little chance that we were going to see any whales in November. The captain was hinting at this as we pulled away from the dock, and after the tour we talked to more people who said that the whales are very scarce this time of year. This would have been nice to know, and honestly they should have different pricing for this time of year. I'm assuming we paid just as much for this off-season trip as did the folks who saw so many whales in the months prior to our visit. It's a shame, and I can't say we weren't disappointed. It was a fun boat ride, but that's not what we were paying for. They need to be more upfront about the season, and modify their pricing to reflect the times of year. I know there are a ton of great reviews about this trip and I'm sure they are true.....just be very careful as to WHEN you go.!

3  Thank John W
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

One of the most amazing experiences! I highly recommend this tour to all. We saw so many blue whales it was unbelievable. The captain was great too!

1  Thank Bethany B