“Awesome! ”

Adventure R.I.B. Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Want a fast & fun whale watching experience, without the crowds, and with a much less likely chance of getting motion sickness? Here at Adventure RIB Rides, we seat 6 people per boat so you are never fighting for that seat leaning over the rail like many larger boats. We are the only YEAR ROUND whale watching company! Our ocean excursion on the Authentic NAVY SEAL R.I.B. (Rigid Inflatable Boat) provides an adventure to remember as we race through the ocean finding all types of marine wildlife there is to be seen with captains whom are extremely experienced and passionate about marine life and the history of Sunny San Diego. Our boats are all authentic Navy Seal Team R.I.B.s purchased from Navy Seal Team 1 here in San Diego. Explore the marine life on some of San Diego's historic boats with us! For videos that explain more about the experience, check us out on Facebook!
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome! ”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

One of the most amazing experiences! I highly recommend this tour to all. We saw so many blue whales it was unbelievable. The captain was great too!

1 Thank Bethany B

San Diego, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“SPECTACULAR.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I originally found Adventure RIB Rides from a simple internet search about 2 years ago.

I didn't know that I had struck pure undiluted gold until my first whale watching trip. Since then I have been another 5 times.

Professional, informative, efficient, so much fun, amazing value and so personal with just a maximum of 7 people on the boat (couldnt be more different to those big boats that go out).

Awesome location from Harbor Island which gives you a fab perspective of the San Diego skyline, the boats in the harbor and Point Loma.

I am totally hooked and think Adventure RIB rides should start a loyalty programme!!

If you are in San Diego visiting or even if you are local and love the fresh air, a bit of adventure and love all things nature then seriously I cannot recommend the 3 hour whale and dolphin trip high enough.

The boats are small, super comfy RIB boats and enable you to get much closer to the water. I would never go on a big boat after experiencing this stye of whale watching.

Of course, whales cant be guaranteed but I assure you that you will not regret a trip with this amazing friendly and reliable company.

I have been in different months throughout the year - there is a chance to see awesome wildlife at any time of the year so well worth it.

My huge thanks to Clint, Ray and the team.

2 Thank Britishgal1234
Omaha, Nebraska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Captain Ray was fantastic !!! We saw approx. a dozen blue whales, what an awesome experience. Captain Ray knew just where to go to find the whales and we got close enough to them to get a great perspective on how small we really are in this universe. I will be taking my grand-daughter next year when we go there for her graduation present. If you go to San Diego or live there, this is a must !!! We also saw a ton of sea lions and pelicans. The small size of the boat was perfect, with only a few people on board everyone could get a really good look without having to fight your way to the front. It is a little more expensive than some of the other whale watching excursions, but well worth the money. It is approx. a 3 hour excursion, but we were out a little longer since we were surrounded by whales and Captain Ray made sure we all got a good look at them, he did not rush to get us back. He was very informative about all of the sea life and pointed out several points of interest. He was very intertaining and funny on the trip out to where the whales were. Make sure you go potty before you board and use sunscreen. Take your sunglasses and I highly recommend wearing the suits they provide, it does get chilly out on the water.

2 Thank grumpy021455
PAXTON
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Couldn't have asked for a better trip!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This trip was AMAZING!! Our captain, Clint, was super fun and knew just where to take us to see blue whales, dolphins, and sea lions. What we loved was the fact that the boat only held 7 people including Captain Clint. This allowed us to let the small kids see the sealife without fighting with a bunch of other passengers trying to get a photo of the whales. He was very patient with the kids and educated them on the whales, answering all their questions. The kids said things like "this is better than disney!" and "this is the best day of my life!". Well worth the money we spent for this memory of a lifetime.

2 Thank katencliff
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I ended our California road trip in San Diego with this amazing tour. It was a beautiful day out on the boat and although whale spotting is not guaranteed, we were fortunate to see several blue whales in different spots as well as sea lions, jellyfish and about 30 dolphins. Clint was awesome and so knowledgeable about the area and the animals and managed to see them before we could. He kept in touch with other boats to get an idea where the whales and dolphins were and since we had a small boat we were able to get pretty close. It was an amazing experience and I hope to do it again in a different season.

Visited August 2013