“Truly a Dolphin and Whale Safari”

Adventure R.I.B. Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Want a fast & fun whale watching experience, without the crowds, and with a much less likely chance of getting motion sickness? Here at Adventure RIB Rides, we seat 6 people per boat so you are never fighting for that seat leaning over the rail like many larger boats. We are the only YEAR ROUND whale watching company! Our ocean excursion on the Authentic NAVY SEAL R.I.B. (Rigid Inflatable Boat) provides an adventure to remember as we race through the ocean finding all types of marine wildlife there is to be seen with captains whom are extremely experienced and passionate about marine life and the history of Sunny San Diego. Our boats are all authentic Navy Seal Team R.I.B.s purchased from Navy Seal Team 1 here in San Diego. Explore the marine life on some of San Diego's historic boats with us! For videos that explain more about the experience, check us out on Facebook!
San Diego, California
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Truly a Dolphin and Whale Safari”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've gone on two of their Dolphin & Whale Watching Trips. One in the winter to see the Gray Whales and the other in the summer to see the Blue Whales. This is the most adventuresome way to Whale Watch in San Diego in my opinion. The RIB can go fast for an exhilarating ride and if you're lucky enough to have dolphins ride the bow they are literally a couple of feet away!! The captains were very personable and really had a lot of marine life knowledge and how to best spot the whales.

We only saw one gray whale in the wintertime but we got lucky and saw a huge pod of common dolphins as well as sea lions on the hunt. I've seen plenty of dolphins in the years I've been sailing but there must have been several thousand in this superpod. The sea lions were even more impressive as I have never seen so many of them leaping out of the water like that except in wildlife films. I loved it!

Last June I went during Blue Whale season and we saw several of them as they kept diving for krill. It was really cool as they are obviously very big and awe inspiring. There are no guarantees of course when it comes to wildlife but doing these tours with only a couple other guests is such an intimate experience and the captains are really great.

Visited December 2012

Winnipeg, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Awsome Humpback whale show!!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We decided to do a more intimate whale adventure with Adventure Rib and what a ride we had. Our guide Brock was fantastic, very informative. He pointed out many sights including the submarine base, Point Loma among other things. We had to venture very far off shore and had no whale sighting at all until we spotted a humpback. This whale put on quite a show for us, breached at least 20 times for us, sometimes almost completely out of the water. Brock asked if we minded staying out longer and getting in late, as you can imagine none of the 6 of us had any problem being late. The ride is not for the week or less adventurous as the ride was fairly rough but totally worth it. Thanks again Brock it was AWESOME!!!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank RayHill
Independence, KY
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“had a great time”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I loved the fact that we were so close to the water. We only saw one whale but it was still worth it. We did see several dolphins and sea lions.

Visited March 2013
Casa Grande, Arizona
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“An amazing experience!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went whale watching with Clint in December 2012. We didn't see any whales, but we literally saw hundreds of dolphins. We encountered a mega-pod of common dolphins. It was amazing. We rode alongside them for about 45 minutes. I didn't realize that many dolphins congregated together. It was mind boggling how many we saw. We then found another massive pod of bottlenose dolphins. They were so close to the boat that we were literally within touching distance. They seemed to be watching us instead of the other way around. I will never forget that magical day.

Clint was a great guide. I felt very safe the entire time. The boat was very comfortable!

Visited December 2012
Okotoks, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Excellent fun and good value.”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We have just spent three hours of pure fun. Clint our coxswain was knowledgeable, professional and kept us informed all the way. The boat is as it says, an ex Navy Seal RIB and if you've never been on one, just going out on a fast RIB is a thrill in itself. We soon saw a pod of dolphins swimming with us and after scanning the horizon we saw grey whales. I think what some people need to remember is that these are protected species and therefore the coxswain is regulated as to how close he can get (100m). It's not an exact science but these guys know where to look and what to look for.
I would thoroughly recommend this tour and we were just happy to be on the water again! We shall be back for certain! Thanks guys. Jack, Clare and Connor Russell. Okotoks, Alberta, Canada.