“Great breakfast!”

Ranked #32 of 5,276 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Mission Beach
Description: The Olive Creamery is located directly next to the Cafe. The Creamery offers a variety of All Natural ice cream flavors made locally in Barrio Logan at Niederfrank's. Creamery hours change seasonally. Currently, Fall Hours are Fri - Sun 7am - 10pm. Closed Mon - Thu.
Reviewed November 10, 2017

The Olive Cafe was steps from where we were staying and since we heard they had great food we checked it out. The menu kept us busy for awhile checking out all the delicious options. If you are going there for eggs, you have a number of choices - as long as you like scrambled eggs that is. I didn't see any other option, but didn't ask either. I had the Cousin's Favorite Scramble - eggs, bacon, cheese, green chilies, avocados, onions, hash browns and toast. Incredible! The staff was very friendly, good and quick service, outdoor and indoor seating, 1.5 blocks from Mission Beach. I you are in the area go there!!

Reviewed November 3, 2017

We stopped here for lunch and the service wa excellent and the chicken quesadillas were absolutely first class.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Stopped for Sunday morning breakfast while on vacation. Loved, loved, loved the place! There were 3 of us and we all got something different. I got the Berry Brandy Cream Cheese French Toast...out of this world! My friend ordered the Cinnamon Swirl French Toast and thought it was the best French Toast she had ever had! I would not order the fresh fruit cup again though...mostly melon with only 1 strawberry and 1 blueberry.

Close to bay and ocean but no water views. Even so, the restaurant is located in an older quaint area which provided an enjoyable atmosphere for outdoor dining. There is also seating inside. Both areas are tight with very close tables. However, the quality and taste of the food outweighed the negative seating arrangements!

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Olive cafe was our regular stop for breakfast every day. Service was quick and had good food at a reasonable price. Good cup of coffee and perfect avocados on my eggs. Only complaint was the Dennys concord grape jelly pack that came with the toast. Who likes that stuff? Fix that and would have been 5 stars for me.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

We split the breakfast quesadilla and loaded hash browns. It was plenty for two girls to split for breakfast. There is a small patio facing the street. You stand in line to order and they bring your food out to you. I can't wait to go back!!