“Great breakfast. ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Mission Beach
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Delicious breakfast and expeditious and friendly service. Ordered the Cousins' Scramble - green chiles, onions, bacon, and cheese.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Olive Café is a lovely little café in the Mission Beach area (just a few steps away from Mission Beach) and such cool spot to have breakfast, so we can definitely recommend it!
We stayed in the Mission Beach area for 2 nights and we came here first because the place was basically just around the corner from our accommodation, but we liked the food so much that we decided to come back the next day!
If the weather's nice, there's a lovely patio area inviting you to sit outside and watch Mission Blvd, which is quite busy in the morning hours.
The staff is very friendly and relaxed and their food is simply delicious and very reasonably priced - everything's homemade and the portions are huge. They have quite a nice range: We had pancakes, French toast and bagels and wish we had had more time to try more of their menu!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Olive Cafe is a busy little place on the beach and there is a reason why. The food is great. I normally like to grab a mixed berry scone and a cup of coffee. The scones are usually still warm from the oven. There is a perfect crunch on the outside with a soft fluffy inside. Some of the best I have ever had. This trip we settled in and had a real meal. Popeye's scramble was a delicious egg, spinach and feta creation. The side of hash browns had just enough "crispy" to make me happy. They rye toast was home made! The patio is great but the inside room is also charming. Olive cafe is great reason to go to the beach!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to eat after our surf lesson. The diverse menu and nice patio brought us in. The staff are friendly and the food is tasty. I wish I could have spent longer in SD to try out more menu items. My wife liked that she had a choice of sides with her sandwich and could go with macaroni salad instead of fries. I liked that they have all day breakfast.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Lt. Jr. breakfast quesadilla is a family favorite. This place is our go to when we are at Mission Bay. All of our friends love it here too.