“Delicious authentic Mexican food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Puerta

La Puerta
Ranked #47 of 4,699 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Southwestern, Latin, Central American, Spanish, South American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
San Francisco, CA
“Delicious authentic Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a great authentic Mexican restaurant. My bff and I had the three taco specials for lunch. Each one was better than the next, they were fantastic, some of the best I've ever had! Also had the guacamole. Oh my was it delicious. It is a fun, loud casual place with great food. It was our first visit, and the waitress steered us in the right direction. Just go.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank worldtravellerruth11

“Good service. Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for lunch. She had a breakfast burrito that was piping hot and tasty. I had the surf and turf taco's. They were some of the best tacos I have had. I would definitely recommend this place

California
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

The server was fast, friendly, and efficient. The Cadillac margarita (Low Rider) was awesome. The chips and guacamole were fresh and tasty. The street tacos, rice, and beans were delicious. It was overall a perfect meal!!! It is loud with the music and has a fun, semi-crowded atmosphere, but the four of us old timers didn't feel out of place and enjoyed eating here. If I am in San Diego again I will be back!

Visited June 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Best authentic Mexican food & Drinks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stumbled across La Puerta one day going to Petco Park for a baseball game on our San Diego trip and it definitely did not disappoint. The food was great and the drinks were even better. I recommend their Purple Haze beverage because it was refreshing and just straight up amazing.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“Three words: Carne Asada Fries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Part of the reason for our trip to San Diego was to go to La Puerta for their carne asada fries. We've tried several other places and nothing comes close. Come between 3 and 7 for half price drinks and appetizers (which includes the carne asada fries).

Visited June 2014

Been to La Puerta? Share your experiences!