Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Free cancellation until 12/19/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Residence Inn
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Priceline$132
FindHotel$132
Orbitz.com$132
1,512 results
All reviews petco park convention center gaslamp quarter great location front desk full size refrigerator valet parking restaurants and bars small kitchen one bedroom suite breakfast staff walking distance valet staff yogurt hot breakfast the gas lamp district business trip
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2019

As a drive-in conference delegate, I knew that I would arrive well ahead of check-in time. When I phoned, a front desk staff member confirmed that my luggage could be stored. I also asked that my reservation be noted for late arrival, either at dinner time or later. On the day of my check-in, Front Desk Supervisor (Mr. Maynard Guzman) phoned me after I had finished my dinner. He wanted to confirm that I would still check-in and asked about my guest on the reservation. I informed him that I would be there within a few hours and my guest was unable to attend. He assured me 24-hour front desk assistance. When I finally checked in, I mentioned that I'd be participating in a 5K the next morning but I wouldn't have pockets. Mr. Guzman advised me to ask the front desk staff member to lock up both my room key and photo ID; following the race, I could return to the desk and retrieve both items. I followed his advice and my stay went smoothly! Excellent customer service from the entire front desk staff, esp. Mr. Guzman!!

Note: Hotel only offers $49/day valet parking. The Trellis building next door offers self-parking for $15 overnight, depending on the date and time the driver enters. A credit card is scanned upon entry and exit and then calculates the rate. Still very affordable and closer to the hotel than the 6th & K Parkade garage.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Becca F
Reyna R, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2019

Thank you Becca F for such a great review! Glad to see Maynard was able to assist you throughout the day as well as provide a high level of customer service. Although there may be parking structures that charge less within walking distance we always remind our guests that the valet here is $49/day, however, you are able to come and go as you please with no extra charges! The other lots in the area charge you every time you decide to utilize your vehicle.
We hope to welcome you back again soon and we will ensure to pass along your kind comments along to Maynard!

Reviewed July 8, 2019

We were in town for the 4th of July weekend. This hotel is perfect, as it's walking distance to the 4th of July, Big Boom, fireworks show in the Seaport area. Check in was fast, and the front desk associate was curteous and helpful. Posted parking rates were $50 USD per night. Breakfast was included, and it was ok. There were plenty of options to choose from (e.g. waffles, eggs, potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurts, coffee, juice, etc.). I booked a queen suite. The room was cozy, and the bed was comfortable. It was perfecfor two, considering we didnt spend much time in the room. In my opinion, the best thing about this hotel is the location. We were able to walk just about everywhere we wanted to go (e.g. CVS, resturants, bars, harbor, etc.).

The hotel is perfect for anyone looking to partake in the San Diego nightlife. When you step outside, you can see and hear the sights and sounds of Gaslamp.

We took an Uber to Mission Beach, and it cost us about $15 per ride. This was the best option for us considering the 4th of July traffic.

Overall, I would stay in this hotel again.

Room tip: Offsite parking is a cheaper option, and there's plenty of nearby places to choose from.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank kmac1979
AndreaD17171, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2019

Thank you kmac1979 for your review!
As you stated one of the best features about our hotel is the convenient location! We are walking distance from so many great attractions such as Petco Park, Seaport Village, the Convention Center, and so many restaurant- just to name a few!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

We attended a play at the Old Globe and then a ballgame at Petco. This was a fantastic place to stay. The staff was helpful and very cheerful. The room was lovely, quiet, and comfortable. You can walk to the Gaslamp District and Petco.

It does cost $49 per night for valet parking, but they let us keep the car there until the game was over 6 hours after we checked out.

Breakfast was wild on Sunday morning. Guests kind of overwhelmed the area and the staff had a hard time keeping up with everything. But the tortilla was outstanding for my breakfast burrito!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan_Yucaipa_CA
AndreaD17171, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2019

Thank you for your review Dan_Yucaipa_CA!

We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us! As you stated in your review there are a lot of great benefits to stay at our hotel, which is located in the heart of the Gaslamp! There are many attractions and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and we encourage our guests to contact the front desk should they have any questions or need recommendations!

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed June 25, 2019

You can tell right away that the staff is a team, and they love their work. Dylan at the front desk helped us to find two rooms on different dates, over the phone. His is a wonderful first impression. Melinda returned my call in a timely manner and was just delightful. Maynard, Dylan's supervisor, was (is) obviously a good mentor with his friendly manner. Courtney welcomed us each and every time we came past her valet podium, and took the time to ask about our day and stay. And Rosa started our mornings with a cheerful smile at breakfast. I can't say enough good things about these team members. And it all began with Dylan!

Room tip: Talk to Dylan!
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank MimiWillCookies
AndreaD17171, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Thank you MiniWillCookies for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! WOW! So thrilled that all the staff members were so helpful and friendly during your stay! We hope to welcome you back again in the future! Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed June 23, 2019

I travel extensively and always stay at Marriott properties. On this trip, traveling with my wife and 4 teen/adult children, we stayed at Residence Inn for the suites and the extra space. The breakfast area was and, while typical but unfortunate, insanely crowded with generally rude and impolite guests. Rosa and the other breakfast team members were a friendly and welcoming sight to behold. Their friendliness, hospitality and accommodating spirit is something that Marriott should emulate with other staff members. The location of this property is perfect but our visit (6 days) has been made so much better with the sweet spirit of Rosa and her fellow team members.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank JonathanA2299

Wow! Thank you so much for your review! Rosa is a very valued team member here and definitely embodies the Marriott spirit! I'm so glad to hear she made such a strong positive impact on your stay! We'll ensure to pass along your comments directly to Rosa! We can't wait to welcome you back in the future!