Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 12/19/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Residence Inn
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Priceline$132
FindHotel$132
Orbitz.com$132
1,512 results
All reviews petco park convention center gaslamp quarter great location front desk full size refrigerator valet parking restaurants and bars small kitchen one bedroom suite breakfast staff walking distance valet staff yogurt hot breakfast the gas lamp district business trip
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2019

Property was modern and the overall service was great! Had a few problems with housekeeping because I scheduled a time for my room to be serviced and they came early one day and an hour late the next day. Front desk staff is hospitable, but could have some more local knowledge. Parking is RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE at $49/night; however, the Valet recommended a more affordable lot down the block at $15/day but there was no in/out, so it was good for overnight. Pool was heated. Fitness room was lacking.

Room tip: Don't get a room on the pool deck, as there is no privacy and they're outside.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank tjaytraveler
AndreaD17171, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Thank you tjaytraveler for your review! I appreciate your feedback and I'll ensure to pass along your comments to the appropriate manage for review. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights at the Residence Inn while I was at a conference. The location was great for both going to the convention center as well as very convenient to all the Gas lamp bars and restaurants. Petco field is also just a block away. The staff was very friendly and check in was very easy. My room was relatively quiet.
My only complaints are relatively minor. 1) The sink is not in the bathroom which I normally don’t mind. But it’s right beside the bed. Which means if anyone needs to use the sink or turn a light on for the sink and mirror you are definitely going to wake up anyone else staying in the room. 2) The lighting for the sink is really terrible. There is a wall sconce to the right of the sink and the mirror which creates really awkward lighting if you are trying to put on make up. 3) Everything in the room felt a little dated. It wasn’t that it was dirty; just not a modern and had some wear and tear.
The hotel is definitely more on the budget side of hotels rather than luxury. I struggled whether to give it a 3 or 4 stars. I gave it 4 because there was nothing major wrong with the hotel. Just know that I’m rating it against other budget hotels not higher end hotels.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank kphill157
Heidi S, Operations Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Dear kphill157,

We're delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in San Diego. It was truly a pleasure to serve you!

We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continually improve our service and impress our valued guests.

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter. We hope you choose to create more memories with us whenever your travels bring you back to San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter.

Reviewed May 11, 2019

Early in 2019 I decided to plan some vacation times this year as I rarely take vacation for myself. This year I decided to travel to San Diego, CA to go to some away baseball game for my home team the New York Mets. I debated between a few hotels in the immediate area, but decided with Marriott as I am very accustomed to the great service I always receive there. This location was no exception! I stayed for a week in San Diego in early May and the description and reviews of the hotel were spot on. The area where these hotel are all in are very secure (as there are lots of homeless around the region, but they do not bother you unless provoked) so this was a definite plus to see there was a secure presence in staying at the hotel (you could not enter after hours without a keycard or use the elevators with a keycard). I had a late check in Sunday night as my flight was delayed but was greeted quickly by the front desk person who quickly checked me in and I was on my way to the 11th floor. I had reserved a suite with corner view. Definitely suggest booking/requesting upper floors for a better view of the city. Arriving in the room was a breeze right around the corner from the elevator. The suite is much larger then I expected. The room is split in two -- one part is the small kitchen area and living room/sofa bed. The other part of the room is the bedroom and bath area. This is excellent for those travelling who need separate sleep spaces. The room was small (considering) but for me it was just fine. Everything in the room was operational. Only small complaint is the bed -- need to have some firmer or more supportive options, but not a deal breaker. If I was staying several weeks, then I would have inquired about the bed quality. Room service is daily (if you wish) but the staff will only change the sheets every few days (this is the disclaimer telling you this) but I only requested room servicing twice. The housekeeping folks were friendly always said hello (*good morning*) when they saw you. The front desk staff also would wish you a good day in the mornings and wish you a good evening at night. This hotel chain offers breakfast buffet in the mornings which were just enough but from past experiences the buffet areas were a bit larger with more pastry selections. Here, you could have coffee, waffles, cereal, bread (toast, bagels, etc), oatmeals, eggs (egg whites and whole eggs), potatoes, and some varied options each morning. Buffet staff also was friendly also saying good morning and wishing you a great day when you left. The hotel also features a small pool area and "gym" which consisted of a few cardio machines and freeweights. This served the purpose. Also there is a small coin operated laundry room near the pool/gym area if you were interested in this as well. The lobby area has a "bar vie" which is a small bar/restaurant area. I did not try the service here but was convenient to have it on site for a quick last minute meal / drink. Also, parking down at the hotel is valet only typically runs close to $50 a night. I did not rent a car as I was primarily staying in the region and I am glad I did not opt for a car. The option is there, however. Near the hotel there are tons of bars, restaurants and such so you won't starve if you deide not to cook in the room. Also, there are a few CVS drugstores near the hotel for some odds and ends such as water snacks and such, although the Hotel also provided a small Market place area to buy thing like these. Overall, this Marriott provided the levels of service that I have come to expect from the Marriott brand and was quite pleased with the great service tendered during my stay! I look forward to my potential next stay here (hopefully) during 2020 ComicCon!

Room tip: best views are high floors
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank radnj1972

Dear radnj1972,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter.

We strive to provide our guests with memorable stays and, by the looks of your thoughtful comments, we've done just that for you.

On behalf of our entire hotel team, thank you for choosing the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter. We hope to welcome you back very soon for Comic-Con 2020...

Reviewed May 8, 2019

The staff was always smiling (except for 1 person) and helpful whenever we asked for something. The lighting in the room was poor (maybe a California thing?) Breakfast was good; bar so-so but available. Our room was not tended to for 2 days even though we were not part of the "green" initiative and we had to ask for new towels.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rosemary L
maynardguzman, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review of our Residence Inn, Gaslamp Quarter. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced during your stay. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that these were isolated issues that are corrected moving forward.

Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic staff here. Special thanks to Vivian who went above and beyond to help me with early check in. Good size room, free breakfast. One block from Petco Park. Two blocks from Convention Center. Plenty of restaurants within short walking distance.

2  Thank seaver41
maynardguzman, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter.

We pride ourselves in providing the best service to all of our valued guests and I am happy to hear that Vivian went above and beyond to help you with early check in.

We hope to service you on your next trip to San Diego!