“Great hotel overall, business or pleasure”

Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #46 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was staying at the hotel for a conference and it was the perfect location. Very convenient to the convention center; but also in the middle of the Gaslamp District. Basically great for either occasion. The streetcar and bus lines is close as well.

The hotel itself has been through the upgrades and everything is above the standards of a typical Residence Inn. I brought San Diego friends to the room and they didn't realize it existed, and were impressed. I can't think of any significant incident that would come close to an issue (and I'm usually picky). Staff was great, and the rooms were perfect for my needs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Colleen M, Sales Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with the world! We appreciate your business and your loyalty. We are looking forward to your next visit to the Gaslamp Quarter!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed there 4 nights. The suite is very nice and has a kitchenette with a full fridge. We were on the 10th floor and had views of the convention center and the Bay. The location is great - just 2 blocks to the Petco Ball Park and right in the middle of the Gaslamp area. Lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance. The buffet breakfast is very nice. There are waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, toast, bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, cereal and yogurt. During the week breakfast is served 6 - 9 am and on the weekends it is 7 - 9:30 am. It was never crowded and we could get in and eat and out in no time at all. If you are a runner there are lots of areas to run from the hotel. The bridge to Coronado Island is close by - you can either drive there or take the ferry. The beach there is very nice and the sand is very powdery. Go to Lou & Mickey's Restaurant - it is about 3 blocks from the hotel. I had the best steak I have ever eaten.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caroljb

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our beautiful hotel and surrounding location! We hope you come back soon for another fun-filled visit to the Gaslamp Quarter!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

A great hotel in a great location. I was there with my girlfriend over the Christmas/New Years break. The gym was great, the staff were extremely helpful and the rooms were awesome. The only downside was that they did not have the typical evening snacks and drinks that I am used to with Residence Inn's. I have also never experienced such a busy breakfast area. It was hard to find a seat and some items were not in stock. This was not a big surprise though as the Chargers had a home game that weekend.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan F, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor, I am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us! We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great reception from hotel staff at this downtown San Diego Hotel. Our request for adjourning rooms was granted making our time away ever so much better. Our Kitchen had a full refrigerator, a two burner stove and a microwave. You can get groceries at the CVS three blocks away or at Ralph's located next to Horton Plaza. The breakfast is fine but not memorable, but that is OK. They are generally kid friendly. Parking was alot cheaper one block further downtown for only $15/day. Close to the Convention Center making this hotel an ideal location.

1  Thank cbprof
Ryan F, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter was enjoyable.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed the Residence Inn San Diego Gaslamp quarter this past week-combination business and vacation.

I cannot overstate the excellent customer service we experienced all through-reception/front desk (Samantha, Anita and Sara) went the extra mile to solve my queries, suggestions as to where to dine, car rental and so on. Samantha managed to get us some fruits after our late arrival after a transcon flight. Housekeeping, dining area couldn't have been nicer! Our room was very well done and kept.

This hotel exceeded my expectations and would not hesitate to recommend to anyone. We will be back for sure.

Freddie & Lillian Negron

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor, we are very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to next time!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

It was my first visit to this hotel. I was impressed by the level of of the staff who were always very courteous and helpful. The hotel offers free full breakfast the food area was clean and well presented, the food was very good with a wide variety of food. Rooms were nice and big rooms equipped with a full size kitchen. Rooms were impeccable clean so was the rest of the hotel. Good security. Amenities suchs as a gym, indoor swimming pool, bar and restaurant. Close to restaurant and convention center.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same, comfy and big

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stay at the resident inn by Marriott San Diego downtown/ gas lamp quarter for a week and my first day Maria the housekeeper was very helpful and very efficient . The room was excellent comfortable . I also order my grocery and they were very efficient Fernando deliver my grocery with in 20 minute I was very grateful he was very courtiers everyone was helpful and I. Can tell you I will defenetly be back as I was going through a difficult moment this place make me realize the no matter what the still kind people in this world I want to thank Sarah, front desk personal the bell man , Fernando and Maria for the excellent and a great job God bless you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with the world! We certainly appreciate your loyalty and we are looking forward to your next trip to the Gaslamp Quarter!