“Residence Inn Gaslamp - excellent value”

Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #45 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I booked my guest room on-line and was not certain of the location or comfort of the hotel. However, I was certainly surprised how this property is one of the newer styles of the Resident Inn of Marriott. All of the guest rooms are suites and I was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite that exceeds in square footage and amenities of other brands that I have used. Comp internet, a full and satisfying breakfast was part of the room package that makes this hotel a smart booking for the business traveler.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Ryan F, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Rhea,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words about your last stay with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you for choosing Residence Inn! Have a great day!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had a great time, everyone is very attentive, from the valet guys to the servers during breakfast. It was a great location, super close to the Petco Park, Convention Center and the clubs/nightlife. I was here for work for 6 days. I will go back with my hubby next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in Trip Advisor! I am very glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Residence Inn!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was extremely pleased with the service of Anail in the breakfast area. She was pro-active and very friendly. I asked for some lemon slices for my tea and she did not hesitate to get me some. Great work!

Room Tip: Great location for walking, eating and shopping.

Rob,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about Anail. I know that she greatly appreciates it and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for choosing Residence Inn!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I am a Marriott fan - but I have to say this Marriott exceeded my expectations. The bar in the hotel is so warm and friendly - the staff - A+ - the rooms are really modern and new feeling. I could not have been happier with my hotel choice.

We stayed 4 nights and were in the thick of it the whole time yet somehow it was quiet when I wanted to sleep. The breakfast was a step up from the normal Residence Inn fare as well. We had biscuits and gravy!

You can walk to everywhere from this hotel - which reminds me - the parking is outrageous - take a taxi from the airport - don't bother with a car. To be fair, I think the parking is outrageous all over San Diego - not just here. Its a totally walkable area and there is transportation if you want to venture out. Skip the car.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Colleen M, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for our beautiful hotel! We take pride in giving our guest's a positive, memorable experience. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the world!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel is very nice and located in what I consider a perfect location. You are only a 5 minute walk to the convention center, and seconds from some great restaurants and the ballpark. The room is large with a small kitchenette. The bed is very comfortable and you cant beat the bed linen and towels. So soft!!!
I have to say that the staff that works here is some of the most professional and courtesy people in the business. Anita started it off on a late Saturday night check in and was wonderful. Without a doubt she made a lasting impression and was very helpful making suggestions throughout our stay. The doormen were just as memorable. They were always very polite, helpful, and professional. The manager on duty last Sunday (Feb. 2) afternoon went above and beyond to help us secure another room for our group (smiling the entire time). I really cant say enough as to how impressed I am with this staff!!
Breakfast was great. Always a hot option as well as the bagels, toast, waffles, and other normal breakfast items. The rather large eating area on the 2nd floor was comfortable and open. And once again, the breakfast staff did a super job!
We even decided to get a late snack at the bar one evening. It was also great.
Most in our group had ever traveled to San Diego, but this hotel and its staff left a lasting impression that will not be forgotten!! You will not regret staying here!
M. Freeman

Hello Freeman family!
We are so glad to hear that you had such a great experience with us at our beautiful hotel! Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the world!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel overall was very nice. The front desk at check in made you feel right at home and even sent me a note welcoming me back to my home town for a visit.
My room was the room I reserved and was a city view studio. Nothing against this hotel but Marriott is just not into upgrading premium guests. Never has happened to me at least! Breakfast was good and the hotel overall had a very friendly feel. The location is great and we walked all over the San Diego area. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: City view and high floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your loyalty to Marriott and for taking the time to review our beautiful property! We look forward to your next visit here in the Gaslamp!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

All in all, the Residence Inn is hard to beat. The Gaslamp location is very central and the reasonable rate, compared to big chain hotels on the harborfront, includes a very good breakfast buffet and wifi throughout the hotel. We did not make use of the kitchen equipment, except the refrigerator, but might have on a longer stay. I would have done five-stars except for a quickly-resolved housekeeping problem.

Room Tip: We overlooked the pool and there was not a sound. Can't imagine rooms on the street would be no...
1  Thank Capitol Hill
Ryan F, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor, I am very glad to hear that you had a great day with us. We hope to see you again soon!