“Treated us like royalty.”

Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #43 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We (my husband, my 7 month old and I) stayed here during a trip to California last month and I was very impressed. In the blur of planning I booked the wrong hotel and had actually reserved a stay at the Marriot HOTEL, not the Residence Inn, but when we arrived on site and found out the staff was more than willing to assist us in the switch.
I called and spoke to Denee Kane and she not only transferred the reservation but walked me through the whole process and was a life saver! The whole team was delightful and truly helpful, from the front desk staff to the valet attendants. We will be staying here every year when we take our yearly pilgrimage to San Diego!
I cannot say enough about these guys! Thank you for making a great trip even better!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is nicely located in the Gaslamp district and only 5 minutes walk from the conference center. Rooms are very nice and very clean with great amenities. Breakfast buffet in the morning has a nice range of variety.
I would highly recommend this for any conference trip to San Diego.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We got to the hotel too early to check in so Deardre at the front desk gave us a map of the area and suggested we check out the Waterfront area. Which we did. It was great. She expedited getting our room ready so we were able to check in when we got back. She took really good care of us as did other staff members. Everybody was very friendly. The Hotel is very pretty and comfortable. It is well located and we were able to walk everywhere. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel based on the reviews here and we were not disappointed. From the moment you are greeted by the friendly valet staff to check out this property did not miss a step. Anita at check in was pleasant and efficient. I told her my husband and I were celebrating our birthday's and she arranged for free drinks in the bar for us...nice touch. The room was very clean and well appointed. The free breakfast is great, tons to eat and the staff there are exceptional. I never saw so many smiling faces early in the morning. My only complaint would be the shampoo and conditioner are in very, very, small bottles and there is no lotion. I know the parking is expensive but it is in most major cities and there are cheaper options close by. I would recommend this hotel to all.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The front desk was excellent! They even sent notes to our room and called our room to make sure everything was o.k.

Special thanks go to Nina Heck, Food and Beverage Manager. She made my wife and I feel special and very comfortable on a busy night.

Keep up the great work! Everything was neat, clean, and fun.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed for a week and was an excellent choice because of the location, however due to the fact that it s located in the heart of Gaslamp Quater there were two different street party, where they close the street and accessibility back to the hotel can be annoying and stressful as you have to go around and around...Rooms are nice and clean, fresh bedding and courteous staff, special recognition to Elizabeth in Housekeeping Dpt. and Denei at Front Desk for giving accurate information on how to use public transportation. Valet staff were courteous as well, some may open the door for you, others just ignore your presence. Included breakfast was a plus and Kitchen staff work very hard and diligent, they are very pleasant and always with a smile. They do work as a team. Two thumbs up for you all. Plenty of Restaurant, shops and sightseeing to do around!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel staff was excellent. I especially would like to commend Anail from the breakfast service, Kimmie from the evening socials, and Sara from the front desk. These three individuals made the 5 weeks that I spent there most enjoyable. The bright smiles each morning and evening were something to look forward to each day.

The location of the hotel made getting to all areas of San Diego easy. The one block walk to Petco Park made attending ball games easy. The choice of eateries with in walking distance was endless. The valet service was timely.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Pendry San Diego
Pendry San Diego
#3 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter? Share your experiences!