“LOVED the room!”

Ranked #43 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Ensenada, Mexico
“LOVED the room!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

As soon as we got into the lobby we were happily greeted by the clerks and great looking valet parking boys. I mentioned the receptionist I loved writing on Tripadvisor and she instantly handed me a card with the name of Cathy Shultz, which I hope she reads this review. I truly loved the room. Great little kitchen, comfortable bed, bathtub, and everything excellently clean. On my 2nd night I called downstairs to ask if they had a bit of olive oil to remove my makeup and they gently did without a price, I loved that! The things I did not enjoy the most were the breakfast, which was a bit tasteless (of course there were spices and sauces) but not the same, everything seemed freshly made though so it passes. Another thing was the service my boss got at night to ask for internet directions in spanish and she was pretty rude to him, that's a bad point, she could have said wait a little or let me check. Anyways, I will hopefully return to this hotel in December for a romantic stay with my fiancee and I'm sure I will get a very good all included service.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1221 and I really enjoyed the view. Buildings & Ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BiancaCinelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2012

As soon as we entered the lobby,we were warmly greeted with overwelming enthusiasm by Cathy. Well I attest, Cathy loves her job very much and I have no doubts about that.Check in was very quick.She handed us the map of the vicinity recommending us the restaurants.Gaslamp district has plenty good restaurants evidenced by the number of diners.
Our room was huge with a small kitchen and refrigerator.I must admit,this room was very clean the overall decor was very pleasing.The bed was clean and comfortable,bathroom clean,good cupboard space.Buffet breakfast was included & service staff were fast so that new people coming in the breakfast lobby would get a clean table.
I would definitely come back to this hotel.Nicolette at the front desk was very helpful.
Full marks to the staff of this wonderful property.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.If you are writing a review for trip advisor, say so.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you're looking to stay close to the Gaslamp district this is your place! Tons of restaurants, bars, and shopping near by. The rooms are comfortable and big and the free breakfast is excellent. If I visit San Diego again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kukiimnzta
Makawao, Hawaii
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Enjoyed the hotel very much. Although they do not have a concierge, Elijah who worked at the front desk provided excellent services and recommendations. They are very service oriented. Rooms were spacious and clean and the free breakfasts were good. WiFi was free but sometimes was slow. Location was ideal because it was close in proximity to restaurants,shopping as well as the trolley which you could hop on and go to various locations around San Diego. It was also very quiet at night and beds were very comfortable. Would go back if ever returned to San Diego and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HIGal_12
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was here for the weekend with friends and it was a great location. Right next to Fifth Ave with plenty of bars and restaurants. Hotel was very clean and nice. Rooms were big. Front staff, maid service and valet were extremely pleasant and helpful. Free breakfast was perfect every morning. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KathNYC
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Good hotel, great location, very friendly staff. Wi-fi was complimentary and fast. Beds were exceptionally comfortable. Morning breakfast was fine as well. Staff was very helpful and found a way for me to check in at 11:30am. Great quick business trip!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I chose the Residence Inn specifically because it has a full kitchen in every room and we were traveling with out 10 month old son- what a godsend! It sure beats trying to clean baby bottles in a bathroom sink and trying to heat them up in the bathtub.
The location of this hotel is unbeatable- you are in walking distance of any type of restaurant you could ask for, and if the bar scene is on your agenda, you have come to the right place. The baseball stadium is also right around the corner with a great park and playground for the little ones. I was worried that there would be noise at night from all the activity on the street, but the windows must be triple-paned- we didn't hear a peep.
Two small problems- I called beforehand to request a crib in the room because we were getting in very late and I knew our son would be cranky and want to get right to sleep. I was told it would be set up when we got there and it wasn't. The front desk worker was very apologetic and came up right away to set it up and with help from my husband, they were able to get it together. Another major flaw was the condition of the toilet (sorry to be gross!). It obviously had not been cleaned, if you get what I mean. It was cleaned the following day when housekeeping did its daily cleaning, though.
Overall, this was a great stay and just what we needed. I would definitely recommend this hotel for families traveling with young ones who want to explore all that this great city has to offer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family